Reputable modelling agencies in London? Watch

chriscahill9
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi

Yeah basically I've been told before that I have the right sort of profile for modelling and that it is worth me at least going to speak to a modelling agency to see if I can get any work.

What I don't want to happen, however, is for them to ask me to pay them several hundred pounds to make a portfolio and then tell me they'll get back to me and then they don't, leading me to waste loads of money.

So yeah, it would be appreciated if anyone could tell me some reputable modelling agencies in London where they would be honest with me and not try and screw me for money.

Cheers
AliceStrawbs
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Send your info to these guys. There was something on the BBC about them being reputable. http://selectmodel.com/
v1k2a3t4
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I know that Models1 is extremely successful, though I'm not sure where in London their office is located.

http://www.models1.co.uk/
sitbywolf
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Model agencies in London for High Fashion/Runway modelling:
-Storm
-Elite London
-Select
-Premier
-Viva London
-Models1
-FM Agency

For commercial/editorial modelling:
M and P
Oxygen Model Management

You should go to the agency, dress casual. If you have the standard height and measurement requirement they will take polariods of you and keep your details.
Well known model agencies do not ask for money unless it's a scam!
If you have the right look to model, you have to make sure you're available. Modelling takes a lot of your time, castings etc without necessarily meaning you'll get paid. You might not get a job through a casting for example. It all depends on your look and what clients (photographers) are looking for. So it's not a "paid per hour" job, and may cost you more (transport etc getting to castings) than you actually earn. So I'd ask the agency if they think they think you could potentially earn money, (some people model as a hobbie because they think its fun) but if you're looking to earn a "wage" I'd probably think twice.
Heres how it briefly works, modelling agencies make money with you when you start working for them as a model, they take around 30% off your money earned from shoots, castings etc etc
chriscahill9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by sitbywolf)
Model agencies in London for High Fashion/Runway modelling:
-Storm
-Elite London
-Select
-Premier
-Viva London
-Models1
-FM Agency

For commercial/editorial modelling:
M and P
Oxygen Model Management

You should go to the agency, dress casual. If you have the standard height and measurement requirement they will take polariods of you and keep your details.
Well known model agencies do not ask for money unless it's a scam!
If you have the right look to model, you have to make sure you're available. Modelling takes a lot of your time, castings etc without necessarily meaning you'll get paid. You might not get a job through a casting for example. It all depends on your look and what clients (photographers) are looking for. So it's not a "paid per hour" job, and may cost you more (transport etc getting to castings) than you actually earn. So I'd ask the agency if they think they think you could potentially earn money, (some people model as a hobbie because they think its fun) but if you're looking to earn a "wage" I'd probably think twice.
Heres how it briefly works, modelling agencies make money with you when you start working for them as a model, they take around 30% off your money earned from shoots, castings etc etc
Cheers. I was actually thinking of it as something to earn a wage, but I might go and talk to them to at least see what they think.
Abi24
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Don't expect to make money straight away. And go to the agencies other people have suggested.
DontGetMeVex
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Alba Modelling has a list of all the reputable modelling companies. There's a website called Model Mayhem which consists of forums full of models, photographers etc which you may find useful.
It's not easy to be a model, it's a very competitive industry and you wont find it easy. It is NOT a glamorous, walk in the park job!
I model

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone
Naminam
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It's difficult being a model even if you get with an agency. I'm a model and signed up with a good agency but after all the costs involved I'm better off working part-time in a shop.

If you're under 20-ish, over 5 foot 8 and can get into one of the biiig agencies like Elite, do runway work as well as editorial, and work really hard you might be able to make a career out of it, but it's probably just going to be an interesting hobby. I like it, I've met loads of cool people and travelled around and had crazy makeup and hair done and some amazing photographs I'll love to look back on, but financially? I'll stick with my studenty retail job to cover the bills.
ellegray96
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hiya, what you're doing sounds like what I want to do, just keep at as a hobby, which agency are you with might I ask? Also how does the pay work? Do you get paid per job? I'd imagine that's how it works.
ellegray96
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Naminam)
It's difficult being a model even if you get with an agency. I'm a model and signed up with a good agency but after all the costs involved I'm better off working part-time in a shop.

If you're under 20-ish, over 5 foot 8 and can get into one of the biiig agencies like Elite, do runway work as well as editorial, and work really hard you might be able to make a career out of it, but it's probably just going to be an interesting hobby. I like it, I've met loads of cool people and travelled around and had crazy makeup and hair done and some amazing photographs I'll love to look back on, but financially? I'll stick with my studenty retail job to cover the bills.
Hiya, what you're doing sounds like what I want to do, just keep at as a hobby, which agency are you with might I ask? Also how does the pay work? Do you get paid per job? I'd imagine that's how it works.
Janetmodel
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Be careful where you go! Some of the best modelling agencies are quite particular and may not accept everyone but they tend to be the best. For example Storm model management, elite model management, your model management, premier model management, select and models 1 are agencies I have heard a lot of good things about.
DeeDDavis
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
06.03.19 just been scammed out of £50 by next generation talents avoid
sbd123
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Agencies to AVOID because they are total scammers: TMMC, Bookings Management, Models Standard
bonmodel
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Do not trust AF Models London, they are scammers. They make you pay for a photo session by promising you work in return and then they do not give you a job.
SolaAdea
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Do you think you should physically go to the agency or email them?
CloudySkies238
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by SolaAdea)
Do you think you should physically go to the agency or email them?
I'd physically go as you hear their responce face-to-face.
Chiaramarchini
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi guys, anyone knows the agency EMM Euro Model Menagement?Thank youChiara
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (146)
17.65%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
8.95%
No I am happy with my course choice (487)
58.89%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (120)
14.51%

Watched Threads