Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone doing the unit 1 exam for biology on june 12 2012?? For the aqa board? Xx

ReputationRep:
    I am! What are all the subjects that will be covered? Kinda nervous :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Yup! Doing that one on Tuesday!

ReputationRep:
    Everything will be covered. How are you lot feeling about it?? How are you revising? Have you revised?

ReputationRep:
    so nervous! how much have you guys revised?

ReputationRep:
    What do you think the grade boundaries would be cos i am sitting it too??

ReputationRep:
    I think theyll be pretty high.

A* 50/60
    A 43/60
    B 34/60
    C 26/60

ReputationRep:
    we'll have to ace all the six mark questions cos probably there would be around 2-3 of them in bio

ReputationRep:
    80% for an A* apparently!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by memoona123456)
    80% for an A* apparently!
    Yeah. That's true!

ReputationRep:
    I rekon genetic engineering and more stuff on diet and exercise will come up as it hasan't been in recent past papers.

ReputationRep:
    I think it will be higher than 80% as the jan paper was 80% (48/60)and they said they will make the grade boundaries harder like 50/60 soo thats like 83%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ma1996leb)
    I think it will be higher than 80% as the jan paper was 80% (48/60)and they said they will make the grade boundaries harder like 50/60 soo thats like 83%
    Who said? The exam board? (I think 48/60 like you said was a* on jan 2012): But also they must have a minumum of people getting grades, eg. if the exam is hard: lower the boundarys.

ReputationRep:
    yh i hope it is 48/60 but it is all down to how hard it is

ReputationRep:
    has any one got any revision like papers and questions for the test. not the specimen or january paper ?!?!?

ReputationRep:
    yh the end of topic assessments that have been created by the sciencelab for the newspec here is an example http://store.aqa.org.uk/sciencelab/A...ETAQP-B1.2.PDF
    if u want to get others just google aqa end of topic assessments ---then write b1.5 for example

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing it too so scared though

ReputationRep:
    I made some Biology notes for B1 - Aqa,

Here they are:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2026306

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully six marker won't be one of those "evaluate" ones; they're so tedious and marked so harshly.

ReputationRep:
    I am also doing the exam,having trouble revising. What sort of this is everybody revising, because i have no clue about any of it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.