This discussion is closed.
claire1985
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by kildare)
Lol, well as you know it wasn't exactly at the top of my list anyway . I really hope you get in though!
Thanks :-) Unfortunately, mine is still festering in the department. You don't happen to know whether your tracker moved at all do you? I take it you got the decision by ucas online?
Tednol
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Gnostic)
lilsunflower, in England we have some barbarians up north aptly called "northerners". They are the descendents of Vikings and so can be quite unsophisticated. They like to cause mischief every now and again, and are very resentful towards the true English - the southerners, the actual Anglo-Saxons.

Best to ignore them - after a few minutes they're find something else to grunt about.
And then we have childish plonkers in Essex.
Tednol
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I think Kosovo is probably a nicer place to study than Manchester.
LOL and you banking on enjoying LSE?
claire1985
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Lol, I meant Durham Uni (Hild-Bede) for History
Lol same college and everything..
kildare
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by claire1985)
Thanks :-) Unfortunately, mine is still festering in the department. You don't happen to know whether your tracker moved at all do you? I take it you got the decision by ucas online?
No, I never checked it

It just came up on the UCAS tracker now.
claire1985
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Tednol)
And then we have childish plonkers in Essex.
Heeeeeeyyyyyyyyy
claire1985
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
No, I never checked it

It just came up on the UCAS tracker now.
Nearly had a heart attack, I checked it and thought I could see orange, but then saw it was just the LSE one below-what an idiot!
Tednol
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
But what I wrote is true. Northerners are descended from Vikings, and they are more brutish than us southerners. That's no exaggeration.
Buddy I'll think you'll find there has been a fair bit of movement of people and genes since the Vikings unless I'm very much mistaken.
Tednol
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
For example, I know that Manchester is jam packed full of poofs.
Oh is it? Come to Manchester and say that... please.
serendipity
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
Who, Durham? Don't worry, it is not ability, it is your Oxford offer. A friend of a friend of mine was rejected by Durham, she rang up to see why and they said, you got a 2E from Camb, we aren't going to give u a place if you will just reject it.
How would they know what Camb offerred her? :confused:
claire1985
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by serendipity)
How would they know what Camb offerred her? :confused:
No idea how they knew the details but Oxbridge issue a list of all the people they have accepted in mid Feb time, hence the reason why Durham wait for a bit for their good courses, e.g. EngLit, History and Law, i would imagine
username9816
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
No idea how they knew the details but Oxbridge issue a list of all the people they have accepted in mid Feb time, hence the reason why Durham wait for a bit for their good courses, e.g. EngLit, History and Law, i would imagine
How sneaky of them, that is quite unfair.
claire1985
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by bono)
How sneaky of them, that is quite unfair.
Not really, it's not sneaky because every university knows and what is the point in offering a similar AAA or AAB offer to someone who has an offer from Oxbridge, they obviously wouldn't take it!
Tednol
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Heeeeeeyyyyyyyyy
I was thinking of one certain Essex resident, not you mate!
claire1985
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Tednol)
I was thinking of one certain Essex resident, not you mate!
Hehe, yeah I know
Peapod
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
It is rubbish that Kosovo is a nicer place to study than manchester.
It is rubbish that manchester is full of puffs.
And it is *******s that northerners are more brutish - I find them much more relaxed and friendly - especially compared to london.

And I'm a southerner in manchester.
SweetSugar
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by samd294)
I was at Durham but have since left, though thats not to say its a bad place. I think it definitely suits cetain people more than others. If you are from a big city or used to having lots of choice about where you go out, its quite a shock, especially as its sooo far from where I live in Surrey/South London border (near Kingston). You always bump into the same people all the time in Durham, which might be nice. From people who know, it is said to feel EXACTLY like a big boarding school. There is no town apart from the University, really. Id have to compare it to spending a week at a provincial relatives with not much to do. However, many of the peopl (who are incredibly white middle class) loved it. Also, the place seemed to be full of KEEN people. Everyone seemed to either play the violin every evening, or be obsessed with canoeing or underwater tiddlywinks or sumsuch, it got a bit tiring trying to compete. In the college council elections everybody voluntered to be up for vote, you know what I mean. Anyway you'll probably love it, lots of people do, and look at the drop-out rate, its tiny, so I'm quite rare, though saying that I personally know two other people from my year who left, and there was a girl at Castle who left within less than two weeks of the start of term. But its still like 2% overall which is small.

SamD, could I ask why you actually left Durham? Was there one particular reason or a mixture of all that you have described?? Are you at another uni now?
lilsunflower
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Please explain what is meant when people say that Durham is like a boarding school?
feli123
Report 17 years ago
Hello, I'd like to know if Durham's friendly to international students, such as those from Hong Kong, China, Thailand or other Asian and Oriental countries.

Thank you~~
feli123
Report 17 years ago
Hello, just one more question, would you recommend LSE instead of DUrham for law?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should 'Mental health support' be included on league tables?

Yes (250)
75.3%
No (82)
24.7%

Watched Threads