Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to Barcelona with a mate in the summer however we also want to spend a few nights in a typical british style tourist place in Spain (i.e cheap booze, clubs etc)

Idealy this place will be on the coast and within 150 miles or so from Barcelona (so we don't have to spent too much time on the train).

At the moment from looking at hotel catalogues and my atlas Tarrgona seems to fit the bill (geographicaly speaking) but does anybody know anything about this place?

Is their any other places you can think off? I've never been to spain in my life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    I'm going to Barcelona with a mate in the summer however we also want to spend a few nights in a typical british style tourist place in Spain (i.e cheap booze, clubs etc)

Idealy this place will be on the coast and within 150 miles or so from Barcelona (so we don't have to spent too much time on the train).

At the moment from looking at hotel catalogues and my atlas Tarrgona seems to fit the bill (geographicaly speaking) but does anybody know anything about this place?

Is their any other places you can think off? I've never been to spain in my life.
    Tossa del Mar. Great place and not far from Barvelona. Let's face it, you can't go wrong having a vacation in a place called "Tossa" can you?

ReputationRep:
    what about Alicante? (i dont know if thats within 150miles of barcelona though)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    what about Alicante? (i dont know if thats within 150miles of barcelona though)
    Allcante was first on my list until I looked on my Atlas, according to my rough estimate its about 700 miles away from Barcelona so its too far! Considering Manchester to Paris is 350 miles away.

Its a shame though because Allcante is supposed to be great (although a bit rough as my mum says).

I'll look in to Tossa Del Mar. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Have you looked at where the local youth hostels are? They can be quite cheap but also central

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    Allcante was first on my list until I looked on my Atlas, according to my rough estimate its about 700 miles away from Barcelona so its too far! Considering Manchester to Paris is 350 miles away.

Its a shame though because Allcante is supposed to be great (although a bit rough as my mum says).

I'll look in to Tossa Del Mar. Thanks.
    ah ok, im not a expert on spain's geography

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    ah ok, im not a expert on spain's geography
    I think there's more action to be had on the Costa del Sol anyway.

ReputationRep:
    hey i have been to spain many times if alicante is to far away try costa del sol (torremolinos, belimadina, fuenguerola ect....) (not sure of distances however i did a trip to callela last summer which is a slightly smaller resort but has hotels, clubs, cocktail bars all very touristy..
    let me know how you get on..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nicci_babe)
    hey i have been to spain many times if alicante is to far away try costa del sol (torremolinos, belimadina, fuenguerola ect....) (not sure of distances however i did a trip to callela last summer which is a slightly smaller resort but has hotels, clubs, cocktail bars all very touristy..
    And Gibraltar is also good for a giggle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nicci_babe)
    Barcelona is northern Spain, the Costa del Sol is about as south as you can get and much further than Alicante (which is east coast).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chicken)
    Barcelona is northern Spain, the Costa del Sol is about as south as you can get and much further than Alicante (which is east coast).
    its as i thought then, yet calella is driving distance so i thought that would be helpful

ReputationRep:
    I have never been to Spain or anywhere in Europe apart from the UK.. lolz.. I hope I get to visit other nearby countries when I start uni in the UK

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.