Turn on thread page Beta

Is there a need? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eunice)
    My first impression of this forum is it's informative and decent enough. Most forums I went to is fill with vulgarities and 'dirty' stuffs which i utterly detest!

Anyway, to make this forum more successful, I reckon creating a sub-forum for all those nonsensical (although nonsensical is abit harsh, perhaps issues of less importance or rather casual issues) issues so that people can vent their anger? or anything on....

Founders of this forum should also ask themselves what purpose this forum intended to serve? It's best not to divert to much... Having a variety of topics will most probably turn intended 'forumers' off...

Well, the above is just my opinion....
    unfortunately we have precisely the opposite situation.

ReputationRep:
    We should just make a chit chat forum, and the serious debates can just be on the main forum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    We should just make a chit chat forum, and the serious debates can just be on the main forum.
    Sounds like a good idea to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    YES

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    Not sure that will work as the 'main' forum seems to be the first thing people see and therefore post there, so the mods would be forever moving 'chit chat' from the main forum into the correct one.

Can't the main forum be done away with completely and just have specific sub forums including one for chit chat?
    Then that would splinter too much, and I ahve been to splintered forums before, everything goes to hell.

ReputationRep:
    It's fair to say this sub-forum has been an unqualified success, don't you think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eunice)
    My first impression of this forum is it's informative and decent enough. Most forums I went to is fill with vulgarities and 'dirty' stuffs which i utterly detest!
    Oh well ! if it pleases the masses, maybe your archaic licensing laws have fasioned you a bit too prim?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.