The Student Room Group
University of Northampton
Northampton

Northampton adult nursing degree

Hey! Has anyone accepted a place on the adult nursing degree at Northampton?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I haven't, but i have accepted a place on the childrens nursing course :smile:
Northampton
Reply 2
Hi:smile: Northamptons my firm for September adult nursing. Have you decided where you are living, ect yet? x
Reply 3
Well I live in Northampton so shall be living with my parents to save on cash while I'm at uni! :smile: you living in halls?

Reply 4
ahh lucky! umm I'm not sure, worried halls won't suit nursing placement times and noise:/Was thinking maybe living in onsite accommodation at my host site.. but i havn't even decided which host site yet. feel so unorganised haa. x
Reply 5
I didn't think we got to chose a host site? Thought that was decided for us and they would let us know anytime now? Yer I've been to uni once already and done the whole halls things and leaving with a bunch of students for 3 years so I'm kinda relieved I can live with my parents... You know anyone else who is doing the course? :smile:

Reply 6
i'm not sure.. i think we can decide on which we'd prefer, they did say something at the open day about it but just gonna wait and see i think :smile: oh :smile: what degree did you do before? no, i live quite far away in cheshire so don't know anyone else. do you? x
Reply 7
I did a joint honours at Nottingham Trent with psychology and educational development! Pretty lame didn't achieve much hence the career change! :smile: you looking forward to it?

Reply 8
haa good you got the experience though! urm yeah, bit nervous, think i'll be ok when everythings sorted out though :smile: looking forward to starting the course! are you?x
Original post by connie-ox
ahh lucky! umm I'm not sure, worried halls won't suit nursing placement times and noise:/Was thinking maybe living in onsite accommodation at my host site.. but i havn't even decided which host site yet. feel so unorganised haa. x

I'm also starting in September, and I've got the same problem. I was worried about living in halls, but I'd put Northampton as my chosen site and said I'd be living there. And I deliberated a bit about applying for halls, left it a few days and then applied and got room that wasn't my first preference, but at this point I have no choice really... I was worried if I left it any longer I'd have no where to live. When I went for an interview for Northampton in Milton Keynes Hospital, they said they had accommodation for nursing/medical students but I didn't know if that was for Northampton as well.
Anyway, I paid my deposit for my room last week, so if it all goes wrong, I guess I'll have to grin and bear it during my placements...
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by Curious Herobrine
I'm also starting in September, and I've got the same problem. I was worried about living in halls, but I'd put Northampton as my chosen site and said I'd be living there. And I deliberated a bit about applying for halls, left it a few days and then applied and got a bit of a **** room, but at this point I have no choice really... I was worried if I left it any longer I'd have no where to live. When I went for an interview for Northampton in Milton Keynes Hospital, they said they had accommodation for nursing/medical students but I didn't know if that was for Northampton as well.
Anyway, I paid my deposit for my room last week, so if it all goes wrong, I guess I'll have to grin and bear it during my placements...

how did you tell the uni you wanted northampton hospital as your chosen site? I'd like milton keynes but i havn't had any emails/post asking me which hospital i'd prefer. at one of the open days one of the tutors said that they had on site accommodation at all 3 of the hospital sites for students.. i'm a bit late sorting it out i think but hoping for on site accom. mm, maybe if you rung the uni and explained you could re arrange you accommodation but if not you should be fine:smile:i'm sure there will be others on placements living in halls too :smile:
It was sent in the post, and you had to choose a preference and stuff. Along with that was things about how to send your certificates (GCSEs) and where to. I can't really remember what else was in there, but I got it aaages ago. Like, late March/early April. I'm guessing this is related to how the University sorts out your finance from the NHS, I heard that when the University is sure you're coming (through proof of qualifications and choosing it as your Firm Choice) they then process your application for bursaries and stuff, but I haven't actually spoken to Northampton about it. I sent my Maths and English GCSE certificates along with my AS certificates last week (with photocopies) , but I haven't heard anything yet.
I hope I will be able to change my accommodation, because surely it's a refundable deposit, especially if students don't get the grades.
I'd say your best bet is to ring up the admissions office.
Reply 12
I'm really confused? Have the host sites been set then because I still don't know where I am. I had to put in order out of the three where I would prefere to go but that was the last I heard....? Am I being really silly?

Reply 13
Original post by connie-ox
haa good you got the experience though! urm yeah, bit nervous, think i'll be ok when everythings sorted out though :smile: looking forward to starting the course! are you?x

Yer I'm really looking forward to starting! Just want it to happen now :smile: x

Reply 14
Original post by Curious Herobrine
It was sent in the post, and you had to choose a preference and stuff. Along with that was things about how to send your certificates (GCSEs) and where to. I can't really remember what else was in there, but I got it aaages ago. Like, late March/early April. I'm guessing this is related to how the University sorts out your finance from the NHS, I heard that when the University is sure you're coming (through proof of qualifications and choosing it as your Firm Choice) they then process your application for bursaries and stuff, but I haven't actually spoken to Northampton about it. I sent my Maths and English GCSE certificates along with my AS certificates last week (with photocopies) , but I haven't heard anything yet.
I hope I will be able to change my accommodation, because surely it's a refundable deposit, especially if students don't get the grades.
I'd say your best bet is to ring up the admissions office.

i only accepted northampton as my firm last month so maybe thats why i havn't had the information yet. i've rung admissions and the women who deals with it all has been ill aswell so think theres a bit of a wait for the info to be sent. thanks anyway :smile:
Hi guys, i have just recently seen this post. I have accepted as my firm the University of Northampton. And will be beginning the adult nursing course in September 2012. I have confirmed accommodation in Spencer Halls. Are there any other nursing students who will also be in these apartments :smile:
Reply 16
No sorry I'm living from home :smile:

Reply 17
Ive accepted my place for northampton for mental health nursing, though i havent sorted out my accommodation as i need my car when im down there and being told i might not be guaranteed a parking permit has put me off.
Reply 18
Put you off the course or put you off bringing your car?

Hi Guys,

I've just come across your posts, I am also starting at Northampton Uni this Sep :smile: I've chosen Milton Keynes Hospital as my host site and am doing Adult Nursing as my path choice.... Just thought I'd say hi :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending