Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    so with the new debate and dicussion subforum, which i would've thought covered a whole lot of topics, is this main forum just for spam and mindless banter?

ReputationRep:
    Who knows? I certainly don't understand the rationale behind it anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kildare)
    Who knows? I certainly don't understand the rationale behind it anyway.
    I posted this last night and I'm not sure whether it had any effect:
    And we've all been asking for a politics forum for ages. Maybe we're supposed to go on d's other politics forum.

ReputationRep:
    "And we've all been asking for a politics forum for ages."

Emmmmm....... we have?

ReputationRep:

Emmmmm....... we have?
    It has been mentioned since I was first here. I just didn't understand why someone could say "careers subforum please" and get one.

ReputationRep:

Emmmmm....... we have?
    If theres so many sub-forums, then what's the main page for then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    If theres so many sub-forums, then what's the main page for then?
    Exactly what I was thinking. I'd gotten used to the sub-forums we had. But having too many is just going to confuse users and make it more difficult to post, besides leaving the main page redundant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bitewing)
    Exactly what I was thinking. I'd gotten used to the sub-forums we had. But having too many is just going to confuse users and make it more difficult to post, besides leaving the main page redundant.
    I know,

I think it's stupid having a debate subforum. The main page will be full of useful stuff and we'll have to opt in to intelligent discussion! How stupid is that...

ReputationRep:
    its a shame that we keep having to create endless sub forums because the amount of pointless members and spammers go continually undealt with. the 'main' forum has been sacrificed as a general chat area, introducing a culture of idiotic threads and short-lived nonsense, that is a turn off to a number of people who came to the forum for quite the opposite reasons. it wont be long before this is swamped with 10 line signatures, talk of 'who's fitter' and more bono spam. tackle them instead of sidelining the rest.

ReputationRep:
    the curent structure is fine, bar one thing.

we just need to get rid of this forum as "Main" and make it called "Stuff and Nonsense" or whatever, on the same level as the others. Then, a visitor gets a choice at first of what sort of discussion they want to view.

ReputationRep:
    guys, seriously, you need to talk about something more interesting.
    WHat dyo think about that iraq stuff hugh?
    USA probably invaded for its oil.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkMoon)
    guys, seriously, you need to talk about something more interesting.
    WHat dyo think about that iraq stuff hugh?
    USA probably invaded for its oil.
    idiot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent p......?)
    idiot
    well at least you broke your silence for a good cause.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    ROFL. I can't stand this anti-american stuff everywhere.

ReputationRep:
    Totally agree.
    Hey vienna are you racist?

ReputationRep:
    We had no need for a debate subforum, don't know why it went up. I think it best that the subforums cover topics that are non-academic and not of interest to most forumites. I think it was fine before the careers and debate subforums, though maybe the academic one could go.
    I did PM d about the possibility of a subforum where members post in their work (courseworks, essays etc) for others to refer to, so we don't get this problem of vague requests for help and work as forumites can see how others did it. No response as yet, expecting a "forget it"...

But Dan made the good point, what's the rest of this forum about? Maybe it's just a space for moderators to leave posts if they're too busy/lazy to move them to the relevant subforum

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHANDY)
    Totally agree.
    Hey vienna are you racist?
    id like to hear what you think..or what youve heard...

ReputationRep:
    id like to hear what you think..or what youve heard...

Ask Bono. He spent an hour ****ging you off in you absense earlier on today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    Ask Bono. He spent an hour ****ging you off in you absense earlier on today.
    No, I ****ged you off actually.

Take the honour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    Maybe we're supposed to go on d's other politics forum.
    What's the address?

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.