Turn on thread page Beta

Jews protest about New Christian Movie watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I got a text message a couple of hours ago from my friend who wants to take me to watch this film. He only wants to do it because he knows I'm an atheist and he knows it's going to piss me right off.

I've seen a trailer for the film online. Admittadely it looks quite well directed. It might actually turn out to be one of the best science fiction films I've seen in ages.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aaarrrggh)
    I got a text message a couple of hours ago from my friend who wants to take me to watch this film. He only wants to do it because he knows I'm an atheist and he knows it's going to piss me right off.

I've seen a trailer for the film online. Admittadely it looks quite well directed. It might actually turn out to be one of the best science fiction films I've seen in ages.
    Ya i love sci-fi too and it would be fun to throw popcorn at the fanatics that cry when he dies at end... oh no i ruined the ending lol

ReputationRep:
    Ah but he comes back to life. Oh **** I've just ruined the sequel, lol

ReputationRep:
    Ah but he comes back to life. Oh **** I've just ruined the sequel, lol
    lol making fun of religion is fun

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuniE)
    lol making fun of religion is fun
    lol yeah, christian chatrooms are the best

ReputationRep:
    lol yeah, christian chatrooms are the best
    I find its best to argue muslims at school.... they get really angry and its always better in person

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuniE)
    I find its best to argue muslims at school.... they get really angry and its always better in person
    Street preachers are always great for a laugh too

ReputationRep:
    Street preachers are always great for a laugh too
    I am watching a show on tv right now about how when u pray parts of your brains temperal lobes become less active and that the brain is hard wired to believe that religion is made up and that the feeling of a so called relgious ecstacy or seeing can be reproduced in the lab

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuniE)
    I am watching a show on tv right now about how when u pray parts of your brains temperal lobes become less active and that the brain is hard wired to believe that religion is made up and that the feeling of a so called relgious ecstacy or seeing can be reproduced in the lab
    Right now the reporter but this helmut on the reporter which activated certain parts of the right side of the brain and the reported said he saw white lights and a feeling of peace

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuniE)
    Right now the reporter but this helmut on the reporter which activated certain parts of the right side of the brain and the reported said he saw white lights and a feeling of peace
    Yeah I've seen something very similar to that before. The brain is stimulated using magnetic waves or something like that isnt it? It's also possible to replicate a near death experience using a very similar technique.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuniE)
    Ok as I said before I am atheist but lets say for a minute i'm not.... lets say im a crazy american who believes in the rapture and that god will save me from everything...... If i was to believe all that I would probably believe that the jewish community was responsible for handing jesus over to the Romans and Pilate to be killed....
    and why would you believe that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llama boy)
    Hmm.

If it is historically accurate (in as much as it can be), then I do not feel any complaints are justified.

However, it is based on the bible, with its arguably anti-semitic writers, then perhaps some of the complaints are justified.
    yes and while we're at it lets ban Bach's St Matthew passion

MB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)
    yes and while we're at it lets ban Bach's St Matthew passion

MB
    hahahaha is it just me or is a funny coincidence that the sponsored links at bottom of page are for sexy jewish singles lol

ReputationRep:
    Don't all Christians believe that Jesus died out of love of humanity?

He died willingly; therefore any claims that it was due to Jews and Romans defy the point of the religion.

ReputationRep:
    i'm christian, i don't think it was the fault of the jews. jesus had many jewish followers, and was well regarded by many of the jews of that time. the stories about the diabolical jewish teachers etc. of that day are in the bible, I think, only to highlight jesus' teachings about morality e.g. in the one about he good samariton, where a teacher tries to present jesus as fallable, jesus is able to talk about how we should love and help everyone else.

Another point to remember is that the bible was not written immediately after christ's death, but about thirty years later, when maybe the details of christ's death have been mythologised and simplified.

ReputationRep:
    The Jewish Radicals. They had a few minor hits in the mid eighties didn't they?

ReputationRep:
    haha, funny one !!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazy)
    haha, funny one !!!
    lol uh oh better be careful before the jewish anti-defamation league comes after you guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    Okay, being Jewish and well educated in the area, i can tell you that Jews did not kill Jesus. 1: Crucifixion was strictly a Roman custom. Jews did not practice this. 2: Christian documents say they do not hold Jews responsible for Jesus's death. 3: Even if Jews demaned Jesus be killed, the decision was Pilate's choice, no one elses. 4: It is said Jews said " His blood be on us and our childred". Guilt through association is not believed in by Jews, nor guilt through generations. 5: Also, it says that a large gathering of Jews demanded his death. Romans were very cruel to Jews, and would likely not have allowed a large gathering of Jews.

There are many more reasons as well. I am sorry if i offend anyone, but being Jewish and listening to people blame my religion for something it didn't do is rather hard. I am wholeheartdly against this movie, it is very anti-semetic. The movie shows Jews making the cross in their temple. The movie has jews dragging Jesus around with a bag over his head.

Reveiws by people say for 1 hour and 15 minutes straight, Jews are portrayed negetivly. This movie is anti-semetic, and people are 100% right to protest it. I am sick and tired of hearing Jews killed Jesus, when the Romans did.
    Nicely said! And 100% agreed.

The old pope even admitted that the blame didn't lie with the Jews. Then the trouble layed off the Jews a bit, until this film came out of course. Jews in New York are terrified to come out of their houses, they've asked police to protect their area. How do you think they feel?

And even if the Jews did kill Jesus, which they didn't, what's that got to do with Jews today?! I'm Jewish, is it my fault Jesus died? No. And without Jesus dying, the Christians wouldn't even have a religion! So that's just stupid.

So at the end of the day, nobody knows the real truth. The Christians think the truth is that the Jews killed Jesus, the Jews don't believe that. So how can there be any real proof? It's just plain beliefs, and history is like chinese whispers. People against the Jews back then, said it was their fault, this had been passed on and the story had changed each time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemgems89)
    Nicely said! And 100% agreed.

The old pope even admitted that the blame didn't lie with the Jews. Then the trouble layed off the Jews a bit, until this film came out of course. Jews in New York are terrified to come out of their houses, they've asked police to protect their area. How do you think they feel?

And even if the Jews did kill Jesus, which they didn't, what's that got to do with Jews today?! I'm Jewish, is it my fault Jesus died? No. And without Jesus dying, the Christians wouldn't even have a religion! So that's just stupid.

So at the end of the day, nobody knows the real truth. The Christians think the truth is that the Jews killed Jesus, the Jews don't believe that. So how can there be any real proof? It's just plain beliefs, and history is like chinese whispers. People against the Jews back then, said it was their fault, this had been passed on and the story had changed each time.
    Didn't pilate leave it to the crowd to decide who got killed? there was jesus and another common criminal and the jewish crown let the criminal go and pilate then killed jesus after the crowd choose him.......It wasn't until after ww2 that the church took the official stance that the jews were not to blame

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.