Turn on thread page Beta

Jews protest about New Christian Movie watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    another point, the jewish penetly for claiming to be the messiah was stoning, not cruxifiction.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuniE)
    Didn't pilate leave it to the crowd to decide who got killed? there was jesus and another common criminal and the jewish crown let the criminal go and pilate then killed jesus after the crowd choose him.......It wasn't until after ww2 that the church took the official stance that the jews were not to blame
    thats how the story goes, but as i said, it is highly unlikely that Romans would have allowed a large crowd of jews to gather, nevermind listen to them. Also, the final decision lay alone with pilate

ReputationRep:
    "Okay, being Jewish and well educated in the area, i can tell you that Jews did not kill Jesus." - padfoot90

Yes...Jews did.

"1: Crucifixion was strictly a Roman custom. Jews did not practice this."

According to Jewish law, it was illegal for them to kill Jews on their own so they had to go to the Romans to do it.

"2: Christian documents say they do not hold Jews responsible for Jesus's death."

Not Jews as a whole, just the Jews that demanded and supported his death.

"3: Even if Jews demaned Jesus be killed, the decision was Pilate's choice, no one elses."

Pilate was just basicly a sheriff who did not want an uprising. The leaders in the Jewish community were telling Pilate that Jesus was a threat to peace and even chose Barbaras (a murderer) over Jesus to be spared.

"4: It is said Jews said " His blood be on us and our childred". Guilt through association is not believed in by Jews, nor guilt through generations."

When?

"5: Also, it says that a large gathering of Jews demanded his death. Romans were very cruel to Jews, and would likely not have allowed a large gathering of Jews."

I think you are wrong. If it were a peaceful crowd I don't think Roman's would have reacted.

"There are many more reasons as well."

Name them......

"I am sorry if i offend anyone, but being Jewish and listening to people blame my religion for something it didn't do is rather hard."

I understand. Nobody is blaming jewish people as a whole. This movie is not anti-semetic. Jesus himself is a jew and says many times in the movie to love your enemy......

"I am wholeheartdly against this movie, it is very anti-semetic."

Have you even seen it?

"The movie shows Jews making the cross in their temple."

FALSE!

"The movie has jews dragging Jesus around with a bag over his head."

FALSE!!

"Reveiws by people say for 1 hour and 15 minutes straight, Jews are portrayed negetivly."

Some jews were, some were not.....so what?

"This movie is anti-semetic, and people are 100% right to protest it."

It's not anti-semetic but they do have the right to protest....and I hope they do because then even more people will go see it.

"I am sick and tired of hearing Jews killed Jesus, when the Romans did."

The jews handed Jesus over to the Roman's and forced their hand.

Face the facts.

ReputationRep:
    ......also, I've been reading that this movie is banned in France or something to that effect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronnie Raygun)
    "Okay, being Jewish and well educated in the area, i can tell you that Jews did not kill Jesus." - padfoot90

Yes...Jews did.

According to Jewish law, it was illegal for them to kill Jews on their own so they had to go to the Romans to do it.

"2: Christian documents say they do not hold Jews responsible for Jesus's death."

Not Jews as a whole, just the Jews that demanded and supported his death.

"3: Even if Jews demaned Jesus be killed, the decision was Pilate's choice, no one elses."

Pilate was just basicly a sheriff who did not want an uprising. The leaders in the Jewish community were telling Pilate that Jesus was a threat to peace and even chose Barbaras (a murderer) over Jesus to be spared.

"4: It is said Jews said " His blood be on us and our childred". Guilt through association is not believed in by Jews, nor guilt through generations."

When?

"5: Also, it says that a large gathering of Jews demanded his death. Romans were very cruel to Jews, and would likely not have allowed a large gathering of Jews."

I think you are wrong. If it were a peaceful crowd I don't think Roman's would have reacted.

"There are many more reasons as well."

Name them......

"I am sorry if i offend anyone, but being Jewish and listening to people blame my religion for something it didn't do is rather hard."

I understand. Nobody is blaming jewish people as a whole. This movie is not anti-semetic. Jesus himself is a jew and says many times in the movie to love your enemy......

Have you even seen it?

FALSE!

FALSE!!

"Reveiws by people say for 1 hour and 15 minutes straight, Jews are portrayed negetivly."

"This movie is anti-semetic, and people are 100% right to protest it."

It's not anti-semetic but they do have the right to protest....and I hope they do because then even more people will go see it.

"I am sick and tired of hearing Jews killed Jesus, when the Romans did."

Face the facts.
    no u face the facts, they are staring you in the face.

Have you even seen it?

as you can tell, i dont intend to, but i have heard from many people that it is.

well i have done plenty of reasearch in the area, and heard from many people that they would not have allowed it.

forced? have u not heard that it was pilate decision alone?

FALSE!

FALSE!!

it was in the script

my point is they show the whole thing being Jews fault, which it wasn't

ReputationRep:
    this is exactly the reason i hoped it wouldn't come up, everyone already has their minds made up no one will listen to the other side

ReputationRep:

Yes...Jews did.

actually, no jews did not kill jesus

and 2 why would jews have thier own punishment (stoning) for claiming to be the messiah, if they couldn't carry it out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GlosDaisy)
    Ok, I read this and I was totally amazed at what these americans are saying. They are claiming that the new movie about Jesus' crucifixion should be banned becasue it gives Jews too much of a bad stereotype.

I think that this is really silly. They cant say that, it is in their own history and I think that they should accept the fact that maybe earlier on in their religion they didnt get everything spot on in how to do things.

Christians all accept the fact that different characters in the Bible did things that they maybe shouldnt have?

What do you all think?

(By the way this is not a dig at all the Jews in the world, I have no problem, I am just a bit annoyed about these ones that are protesting)
    the problem is....some historians say it was the romans in the courtyard who shouted jesus.......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemgems89)
    Nicely said! And 100% agreed.

The old pope even admitted that the blame didn't lie with the Jews. Then the trouble layed off the Jews a bit, until this film came out of course. Jews in New York are terrified to come out of their houses, they've asked police to protect their area. How do you think they feel?

And even if the Jews did kill Jesus, which they didn't, what's that got to do with Jews today?! I'm Jewish, is it my fault Jesus died? No. And without Jesus dying, the Christians wouldn't even have a religion! So that's just stupid.

So at the end of the day, nobody knows the real truth. The Christians think the truth is that the Jews killed Jesus, the Jews don't believe that. So how can there be any real proof? It's just plain beliefs, and history is like chinese whispers. People against the Jews back then, said it was their fault, this had been passed on and the story had changed each time.
    i think the problem is that jesus supposidly died for all our sins, even those who would come after him....so therefore he died for mankind, and it is no one races or ethnic groups fault.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cool_lemonade)
    i think the problem is that jesus supposidly died for all our sins, even those who would come after him....so therefore he died for mankind, and it is no one races or ethnic groups fault.
    thank you i have been trying to say it wasn't Jews but only like 2 people seem to want to listen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    thank you i have been trying to say it wasn't Jews but only like 2 people seem to want to listen
    thats englishmen for you!

if your english, no harm done!

ReputationRep:
    "this is exactly the reason i hoped it wouldn't come up, everyone already has their minds made up no one will listen to the other side" - padfoot

You are making assumptions. You haven't even seen the movie so you can't really comment because you don't speak from personal experience.

Pad, I am not the enemy. I don't view you as the enemy. I don't blame you or any other jew for the death of Christ.

The facts are that Jesus was taken to the Romans by Jews and that when asked who they (jews pharisies) would rather have released....Barbaras (murderer) or Jesus (The Christ). The Jews chose to release Barbaras and to have the Son of GOD murdered.....who was also a jew.

In no way is that slant against you as a person or as a jew.

ReputationRep:
    "this is exactly the reason i hoped it wouldn't come up, everyone already has their minds made up no one will listen to the other side" - padfoot

You are making assumptions. You haven't even seen the movie so you can't really comment because you don't speak from personal experience.

Pad, I am not the enemy. I don't view you as the enemy. I don't blame you or any other jew for the death of Christ.

The facts are that Jesus was taken to the Romans by Jews and that when asked who they (jews pharisies) would rather have released....Barbaras (murderer) or Jesus (The Christ). The Jews chose to release Barbaras and to have the Son of GOD murdered.....who was also a jew.

they did not murder him, he would have died anyway, in any generations hands, because he CHOSE to die.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    How do you work that out? If you get seized by the authorities then lynched you don't really have much choice in the matter.
    I suppose you might if you were the Son of God.

ReputationRep:
    Well have you seen the movie?

ReputationRep:
    It wasn't. It was the Roman king of the time!!!!!!!! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Read it in a history book and saw a film about it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    That's a big if.
    But the story is taken on that principle. It does not really matter if he was or not for the purposes of this discussion. If he was not the son of God, then it does not matter in the slightest who killed him.

ReputationRep:
    I agree that it really doesn't matter. But I'm not going to not say just because it might offend someone. Facts are facts. Deal with it.

ReputationRep:

i know! i am sorry if i sounded mean, and of course i dont view you as an enemy.

"The facts are that Jesus was taken to the Romans by Jews and that when asked who they (jews pharisies) would rather have released....Barbaras (murderer) or Jesus (The Christ). The Jews chose to release Barbaras and to have the Son of GOD murdered.....who was also a jew."

However, Jews do not believe Jesus was the son of god

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.