Teeth hurt after drinking alcohol? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I know this sounds silly, but the morning after I've drank too much alcohol I have really bad tooth ache in all my teeth. I've been to the dentist and there aren't any cavities or other problems, and it only seems to happen when I've got drunk. Anyone have any ideas as to why this would happen?
breadbinbrennan
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Are you drinking fizzy alcohol like alcopops? Because i often get sensitive and stiff like teeth the morning after which i often get mildly if i drink lots of fizzy drinks, the only thing i can think of is sensitive teeth. Try getting a toothpaste which helps this. Sensodyne seems to be the best but it is more expensive than others.
Bergscliff
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
There is a lot of acid in alcohol and so it attached to certain kinds of teeth, just like yours and mine. Our teeth are just more sensitive so we should stay away from drinking if we want to eat solid foods the next day or even brush our teeth. Your only solution is stop drinking, I promise I've tried all the toothpastes etc.
bonjelaman
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Try bonjela
BeeAmber11
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You could get sensitive teeth when you drink, make sure after alcohol you brush your teeth and drink water so theirs no residue make sure you maybe stay away from the really sugary stuff and having lots of it
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Ronax
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
This is terrible advice .. Alcohol softens the enamel and brushing after drinking erodes it.. it will make your sensitivity worse. The best thing to do is rinse your mouth with plenty of water before sleep.
Hazzabear
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Ronax)
This is terrible advice .. Alcohol softens the enamel and brushing after drinking erodes it.. it will make your sensitivity worse. The best thing to do is rinse your mouth with plenty of water before sleep.
Any advice isn't terrible. Surely?

Like others have said, it may be linked to sensitive gums causing discomfort with your teeth.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (209)
12.75%
Excited (146)
8.91%
Worried (296)
18.06%
Terrified (370)
22.57%
Meh (151)
9.21%
Confused (36)
2.2%