Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello. Can anyone tell me how much percent of your final mark the oral coursework makes up for GCSE English?
    It's just that I'm really bad at speaking because I'm really unconfident and yet I get really good marks at writing. I'm hoping that my oral marks won't lower my final grade. Please can anyone help?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jelly Bean)
    Hello. Can anyone tell me how much percent of your final mark the oral coursework makes up for GCSE English?
    It's just that I'm really bad at speaking because I'm really unconfident and yet I get really good marks at writing. I'm hoping that my oral marks won't lower my final grade. Please can anyone help?
    Which exam board??

ReputationRep:
    AQA.

ReputationRep:
    Have a look on: http://www.aqa.org.uk/index.html go to 'Qualifications' > GCSE, then find whichever English it is you're taking. When the information sheet comes up, about 4 or 5 pages in there's a breakdown of the exam (e.g. Paper 1 30%, Paper 2 30%, Coursework 40%)- should say on that page how much the oral constitutes (I think they class it as part of the coursework section)

The oral coursework is 20 %

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't that good at speaking either. It counts for 20% usually. I got mainly high As for my written cwk and Bs for speaking (think my teacher was v generous there ) and i came out with an A* overall, which was a complete suprise! Must have been down to a good exam i guess. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    No, it's 20%, seperate from coursework.

i beat you all :P

ReputationRep:
    AQA also show your speaking and listening grade on your official certificate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiAnY)
    I wasn't that good at speaking either. It counts for 20% usually. I got mainly high As for my written cwk and Bs for speaking (think my teacher was v generous there ) and i came out with an A* overall, which was a complete suprise! Must have been down to a good exam i guess. Good luck.
    Thanks So it's possible to get an A* even with low speaking grades

ReputationRep:
    Thanks So it's possible to get an A* even with low speaking grades
    Yes indeedy. However, your speaking does not just come from your proper oral presentations. Any participation in class also counts towards it.

ReputationRep:
    is the overall grading the same as for coursework. i.e. >=49/54 for A*, >=43/54 for A etc. or is it worked out on how well everyone does in the exam, e.g. top 10% get an A*

ReputationRep:
    Usually 20% for GCSE but i suppose it may depend on your exam board.

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.