The Student Room Group

How long do you revise for?

How long do you people revise for? Is there a limit to how long you can revise for in one go?
Revision makes me realize how utterly pathetic my attention span is! (n)

Scroll to see replies

About 10 minutes then I'm tempted to check TSR. Kind of like right now.

ragecomic.png
Reply 2
Same. 15/20 minutes tops for me.
Wish i was one of those people who could work for 2-3 hours straight!
I work for at least 8 hours a day allowing myself a few breaks and a lunch break. Needing 3A's to get into uni sucks.
Reply 4
Wow, 8 hours!
What subjects are you doing?
Reply 5
i do 8 subjects per day for 30-45 minutes each
So jealous of all you people ^ ... :frown:
Original post by charlottematthews
I work for at least 8 hours a day allowing myself a few breaks and a lunch break. Needing 3A's to get into uni sucks.

Exactly the same as me then, revision wise and grades wise. Roll on 22nd June... :smile:
About 8-10 minutes of revision for the whole day. I envisage my record's been somewhere around 15-20 minutes.
I'm in year 11, but I did 2 AS's this year. For gcse's I do 45 minute blocks for about 1:30 minutes a day (well its currently about ) hours a day, hence the username.)

For the AS's i did I did about the same :/

Dreading the results this summer :angry:
I do 40-20-40-20-40-20

The 20s are breaks.
Reply 11
Original post by Moontoon
How long do you people revise for? Is there a limit to how long you can revise for in one go?
Revision makes me realize how utterly pathetic my attention span is! (n)

about 10-20 min of revision and have plenty of breaks. if you revise like for an hour, you'd only remember about 10-25% of the work you revised :smile:
Reply 12
i need AAB but i think im going to get BBB..this really sucks ): there arent any TOP unis which do accept BBB for TOP courses!! :/ life would be so easy
I set my alarm every morning at 8:00 to start work between 8:30am-9. I have a few breaks in between 15 minutes- 30 minutes max (apart from tea), and finish at around 10-10:30pm :smile: However, I often switch between topics and subjects throughout the day so I don't easily get bored of one thing :smile:

Why are people disliking my post? :/ This is how I genuinely revise, and I'm only just trying to get the best out of my A levels as I can :frown:
(edited 11 years ago)
Some days I will do multiple hours revision and other days I will be casually on and off... flick through my notes; do a past-question. :biggrin: I go with the flow of what my mind wants to do. Normally motivating music helps :smile:

Also I just keep thinking about the future and how I do not want to look back and wish I did more. SO do as much as I can now.
Reply 15
Depends massively, sometimes I can get a whole past paper done in one go, sometimes I only get one or 2 questions in and I get distracted.

I don't ever set myself time limits, or arbitrary limits on what I must do each day, that only gets me stressed. What I do is each day set myself some work and either do a solid paper (or 2) and mark it, or I'll set a stack of past questions in front of me (half my exams have very few past papers so my teachers have made collections of past questions that are stll relevent).

If I set myself questions rather than papers I'll spend quite a few hours "revising" but half of that time is spent trawling the internet.
Reply 16
When I get into it I do about 10 hour bursts all in one go.

I work very intensively at the end
I have a really bad habit of leaving my revision to a couple of nights revising (or sometimes even the night before the exam), so I have to spend hours cramming non-stop. :colondollar:
I really have to stop that though because I'll be in year 12 in September and apparently you can't do last minute revision at A-level :frown:
Reply 18
Original post by LGrosvenor101
I set my alarm every morning at 8:00 to start work between 8:30am-9. I have a few breaks in between 15 minutes- 30 minutes max (apart from tea), and finish at around 10-10:30pm :smile: However, I often switch between topics and subjects throughout the day so I don't easily get bored of one thing :smile:

Long
Reply 19
Original post by LGrosvenor101

Whaaa?!
That's insane, good on you though! What subjects do you do?

What subjects would you regard as ones that are less 'revision intensive' and reliant on remembering key information?
I have economics and business studies to go, economics will be a killer! :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest