The Student Room Group

Anyone doing CCEA GCSE Maths T6 on 07/06/12?

^If so, how are you feeling about it? :s-smilie: I'm sorta scared, I really need to do well in maths and I'm not the best at it tbh :/

p.s. do we need to know much of T4 for it? x

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I am doing T6 on monday, I did add maths so I don't think I'll do well in T6 since I can't remember any of it as I did it all in fourth year! Apparently T4 is the harder one, but I don't think you'll need to go over that, just keep doing past papers and you'll be grand.
If you do add maths, I'm sure you'll survive! Yeah apparently it is easier, oh well hopefully we'll be grand. :smile: Tbh, I understand maths when I learn it.. but then in the exam I'm actually just like wtf are they asking for :L
Reply 3
Yeah I know how you feel! Exam questions are one hundred times harder then the questions you do in class. Do you know if circle thereoms will be on it? They aren't in any of my past papers but someone else in my year said they were :s-smilie:
Circle theorems were on T4 though right? It doesn't say on the spec either, but I would just look over it in case you know they just decide to add a random one in there! :Z
I'm doing T6 tomorrow!
But I'm really stressed because its so much harder than T3 (which our teachers say is much easier) .
In the past papers the questions are so much harder than the normal class exercises plus they are very "wordy" so u don't know what topic the question is on therefore u donnt know how to work it out
I am not a maths genius I hate it and had to work so hard to get a b in my T3 which is 45% of my maths gcse.
IF I get a D in T6 will my T3 mark bring me up?????
If I get a C in T6 could I possibly get a B overall???:frown:
Reply 6
I think if you got a D your T3 would bring you up to at least a C, but I can't be sure, I didn't do T3 so I don't really know how it works :/ And I always find it hard to understand what the questions want me to do, especially the areas of cirlces and cones and sectors! I never know what to do first.
Reply 7
T6 Calc and Non-Calc in less than 24 hours!

Judging by how hard I thought the T4 was going to be and how alright it was in real life, I'm hoping, since T6 seems a bit easier, the exam will be simple. HA UNLIKELY.

I'm dreading the non-calc though. It doesn't matter what the question is, I do every step with a calculator. Including subtracting 1. So I'm guessing my non-calc is going to fail quite a bit :tongue:

The only difficult-to-understand topics are surds (you get them or you don't, I think), quadratic/cubic/reciprocal/exponential graphs, the sine/cosine/tan graphs (bad memory y'see), negative scale factor, conversions (memory again) and some bits of frequency. Apart from that it's all largely straightforward. Famous last words... :rolleyes:

In any case, I'd wish you all luck but the worse you lot do the better my score will be in comparision, so, er... break a leg? :biggrin:
hello, im sitting this exam tomorrow, yes ive left it a little late but does anyone know where i can get past papers for this exact exam or something similar? thanks
does anyone know what would i would get over all if i get a c in this paper? i got full marks in t3
Original post by laureng100795
hello, im sitting this exam tomorrow, yes ive left it a little late but does anyone know where i can get past papers for this exact exam or something similar? thanks

Past Papers in T6 -- They call them 'N6'

These are the past papers for T6, the exam we're doing tomorrow. One is calc, one is non. The mark schemes are there too. Just put 'N6' into the ctrl+F box.

And don't worry, you haven't left it as late as me! Only found my notebook ten minutes ago :colondollar:
Freaking out guys :frown: Gonna cram some more in the morning :L

Good luck everyone, If all else fails.. WING IT! x
Reply 12
Good luck for everyone doing the exam today! For the person who said they found tan, sin and cos graphs hard to remember (I don't know if you'll see this in time though) but I remember them by at 90, Sin is 1 (middle I in Sin looks like 1), Cos is 0 (Middle O in Cos looks like 0) and then Tan is the one left!
Oh sh*t! The 2nd paper I know for sure I've lost 9 marks because I just couldn't do the last two questions :frown: And the others weren't any better.. :/

How'd you find it?
Reply 14
i thought the last 2 were really hard! what did you think of it??

does anyone have any answers to the last 2?? :smile:
Reply 15
I thought the last two on the calc were quite hard!
I got 4-pi over 4, simplifying to 1-pi over 4 for the wee weird dart one, and 5.77 for the very last one
For the question that was "Odd", "Even" or "Could be odd or even" what did everybody get?

I'm pretty sure I went about the question the wrong way. I expanded and simplified to get 2n^2 + 2 which led me to the answer that it has to be even, but apparently it could be odd or even if you made n=1, then n=2 etc.

I just tried the question substituting n for 3 then n for 4 and I still get even. What am I doing wrong?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by mollyh77
I thought the last two on the calc were quite hard!
I got 4-pi over 4, simplifying to 1-pi over 4 for the wee weird dart one, and 5.77 for the very last one

I got 5.77 too!!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 18
That was definitely even because if you multiply any number by 2 it's even and if you add 2 to that, it's still even. So you're fine :smile:
Original post by mollyh77
That was definitely even because if you multiply any number by 2 it's even and if you add 2 to that, it's still even. So you're fine :smile:

Thanks, even if I didn't get that right I could still get an A overall (that's all I'm aiming for), but this is a serious confidence boost now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending