The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gmw3
Hey, I'm doing the Literature assignment. Well... I'll be starting it today at some point anyway. Which question are you doing?

I've done the question on environment, I'm currently writing the 200 word piece on what I think of the course and assignment but I really don't know what to put at all for it! Which have you chosen?
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 1581
Original post by gmw3
Hey, I'm doing the Literature assignment. Well... I'll be starting it today at some point anyway. Which question are you doing?

I'm doing Language and Lit, really struggling, the language section is so confusing :s-smilie: can't find anything about it on the internet...anyone else doing it?
Original post by OhMyAbdil
I've just completed my first draft of the philosophy assignment - how are you finding it?

To be honest I don't really know where to go with it. I've done some experience and perception stuff in my A Level course and was going to use some theories and what not in the essay but now I'm wondering if it'd just be better to write on my own personal intuition.
Hows bout you? :biggrin:
Reply 1583
I haven't managed to start the assignment for mechanical engineering. I have a whole bunch of things I can write about, but I'm not sure how the assignment is meant to be written. My head just goes blank everytime I try to get something down. Don't know if now is the time to freak out about it..
Reply 1584
Original post by elbury1
I've done the question on environment, I'm currently writing the 200 word piece on what I think of the course and assignment but I really don't know what to put at all for it! Which have you chosen?

Yeah, the 200-word piece was surprisingly tricky! Did you get it done? I did the symbolism question. All the questions were nice and vague, which I think made it a bit easier.

Which text did you choose to write about? I was tempted to go for poetry, but in the end I went for an extract from Dorian Gray.
anyone doing the Food and Nutrition assignment? :beard:
Original post by Tam458
I haven't managed to start the assignment for mechanical engineering. I have a whole bunch of things I can write about, but I'm not sure how the assignment is meant to be written. My head just goes blank everytime I try to get something down. Don't know if now is the time to freak out about it..

I was like that when I first started. Do it in short bursts, focus on getting your ideas down and then work on the structure. Ask your tutor if you are struggling.
Original post by OhMyAbdil
I didn't study philosophy at A-Level, so I decided discuss the title on my own personal intuition. My tutor said the discussion was fine, but he advised me to use some existing theories i.e. Berkeley's idea that anything to exist at all must be perceived.

You'll be fine, just use Stanford's Encyclopaedia if you're stuck! Do you know how much we need to get to pass the subject-specific assignment? Do we just need to pass the essay (40%)?

Okay thanks!
I haven't had internet until this week so I'm trying to get something half decent drafter to send in :I

And yes, just 40% I think. If it was any more I'd have no hope haha.
Original post by gmw3
Yeah, the 200-word piece was surprisingly tricky! Did you get it done? I did the symbolism question. All the questions were nice and vague, which I think made it a bit easier.

Which text did you choose to write about? I was tempted to go for poetry, but in the end I went for an extract from Dorian Gray.

Yep, I did, although I am completely unsure on whether I've done it correctly or to a good enough standard - surprisingly the most difficult part. I chose to do 'Oryx and Crake' by Atwood as she's my favourite writer. I was going to go for Handmaid's Tale but felt Oryx was more fitting for the question because it's even more dystopian and "setting" focused! Symbolism is definitely very good for Dorian Gray and I really like all the questions too.
Hi has anyone done the maths test yet for Biological sciences? I'm dreadful at maths and got 187 out of 300 which I was actually pretty pleased with as it is more than half.
Original post by smithay

yh I finished my first draft and sent it to my tutor (dr evans)... but i got an ominous "out of office" reply back two days ago.... really worried she wont look over it.....
Has anyone done the Psychology assignment?
Original post by Procrastinator13
I was like that when I first started. Do it in short bursts, focus on getting your ideas down and then work on the structure. Ask your tutor if you are struggling.

How exactly are you starting it? Could you just explain the question a little bit please, like are they asking us what we enjoyed in maths, physics? something specific or are they asking us about the books we may have read?
Original post by smithay

:beard:
Original post by tanji12
yh I finished my first draft and sent it to my tutor (dr evans)... but i got an ominous "out of office" reply back two days ago.... really worried she wont look over it.....

I sent mine to her a couple of days ago, hopefully she'll send feedback :/ worried I'm doing references wrong
Original post by crazytown2014
:beard:

I do like the beard...
Does anyone know if the word count for the English assignment includes quotes? I've gone over by 100 words D:
Original post by Ralgal
Hey! Is anyone on here doing the Sociology subject specific assignment?

I am:smile: have you completed it yet?
Reply 1598
Original post by direwolves
I am:smile: have you completed it yet?

Yay finally someone who's replied! I'm just touching up on bits of it and have the conclusion left to do, how about you?
Original post by Ralgal
Yay finally someone who's replied! I'm just touching up on bits of it and have the conclusion left to do, how about you?

I need to cut it down a bit, work on the comments for improvements and then add a conclusion. Its such a broad question, I'm finding it hard to keep within the word limit. Have you read the suggested readings?

Latest