Why isn't Ronaldinho considered as one of the greatest footballers ever? Watch

shawn_o1
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
not convinced. does success for country equal success for club anyway? I think if he stayed at PSG after the World Cup playing alongside Arteta and Anelka, he would've had a more fulfilling career (and PSG could have been a big club without Qatar dosh)

edit: got that wrong, Barca made a move on Ronaldinho the season after, when PSG qualified for the Champions League. Worst mistake they've made imo
L'Allegro
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I don't think Ronaldinho was that inefficient. I think the longevity arguments are the strongest. Entertaining and efficient aren't mutually exclusive. His goal and assist tallies in his Barcelona years were exceptional at the time. Nobody can ever compare to Messi and Ronaldo's efficiency, sure, but most attackers would dearly love to have the end product of Ronaldinho.
Silpio
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
We Britons overs the last few decades have lost the art to see something beyond numbers and efficiency. Being efficient, always winning etc... is not bad, but judging everything from that standpoint is no good (Dinho has won everything there has to be won as player and as a team member compare that to any greats of the past and present). Once a lifetime one gets to see a player nay a personality like Ronaldinho and yet his faults/low points are magnified especially by THE BRITISH PRESS, the reason might be his superb free-kick goal in 2002 WC which kicked England and our underwear selling captain out of the tournament and also for the fact, he chose Barca over Madchester United when moving from PSG. Footballs Greatest a documentary series by SKY Sports is a perfect example how the English press presents Ronaldinho (a good/free style player once, but a failure). Every criticism in that documentary can be countered. Analise any great player with the same parameter with he is criticised with and one will notice Ronaldinho still stands tall. For Eg: One can very well term Messi or C. Ronaldo very selfish, good for club not for country players, as they have almost nothing for their countries, despite participating in 3 WCs with fine players around them, forgot to mention a couple of COPA americas or Euros tournaments till date.Since childhood watching flatfooted over-hyped players, MOST Britons have forgotten the art to see artistry, situations in the which the player played ........, well be happy with over-hyped Rooney's and enjoy the artistry of Ryan Giggs and Sterling etc. Because of this efficiency attitude, “overtraining” for almost everything and political correctness we have not had any Uncommon successes since so many decades.ANYONE WHO THINKS RONALDINHO IS NOT A PART OF THAT ILLUSTRIOUS LIST STATED ABOVE IS RIGHT, BECAUSE HE IS FAR AHEAD THAN THEM PUT ALTOGETHER.
Tuhman
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
At his best, he was no less than Pele, Maradona, Kruiff or Messi, perhaps having a natural talent richer than some of the mentioned or even all of them, yet the GOATs need consistency and self-denying discipline to a level that Ronaldinho, unfortunately lacked. He committed a crime against his unmatched talent, which is sad.
Last edited by Tuhman; 1 month ago
dorothy4794
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think he certainly is up there, he is a legend in my opinion
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

what's your favourite season?

Summer (29)
27.88%
Spring (22)
21.15%
Autumn/Fall (28)
26.92%
Winter (18)
17.31%
I love them all equally (7)
6.73%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise