Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I can't help noticing that the atmosphere around the board has taken a turn for the worst recently.

Insulting and aggression has reached an all time high.

Isn't it time we spread some good vibes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigcnee)
    I can't help noticing that the atmosphere around the board has taken a turn for the worst recently.

Atlast.

ReputationRep:

Well, its only a few people who get like that really though.
    Theres no need for it really.
    I mean, what is the point of it?

ReputationRep:

Yes, I agree. And I apologize for any part I have played in that.

ReputationRep:

I like everyone on this forum, but I hate prejudice from people who talk complete trash about a subject they know NOTHING about.

How on earth a pair of people who have zero clue about Iran think they are 100% against every cheap comment they make si beyond me.

"But we both know that you'd never say it to my face. I can smell the fear and picture the urine running out of the bottom of your pants as you become a mumbling stuttering **** in my presence." - Howard.

"Iran is a **** country." - Howard.

"I hate arabs, middle easterns and iranians...anything else" - Vienna

No, I don't like this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gnostic)
    Oh great, a Mormon. Take this hippy new age stuff elsewhere please.
    Feel the love, my friend.

ReputationRep:
    Feel the love, my friend.
    Peace.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    No, I like everyone on this forum, but I hate prejudice from people who talk complete trash about a subject they know NOTHING about.

How on earth a pair of people who have zero clue about Iran think they are 100% against every cheap comment they make si beyond me.

"But we both know that you'd never say it to my face. I can smell the fear and picture the urine running out of the bottom of your pants as you become a mumbling stuttering **** in my presence." - Howard.

No, I don't like this.
    This isn't the place to continue talking about a subject that just got deleted.

ReputationRep:
    It seems that discussion and 'enhancing mutual understanding' have been replaced by BEING RIGHT and WINNING AN ARGUEMENT :MAD:, yes. A lot of the posts seem more outright abusive as well, yea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    I like everyone on this forum, but I hate prejudice from people who talk complete trash about a subject they know NOTHING about.

No, I don't like this.
    Well, OK I retract it then.

Iran is a great country and I'm going to find out about emmigrating there. Happy now?

ReputationRep:
    I'm liking the atmosphere at the moment. There are no dense newbies posting random threads and there are lots of interesting threads to get involved in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)

No, I don't like this.
    Crikey Bono, what brought all of that about?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)

No, I don't like this.
    What thread was that stuff in?
    See you don't ban them cause they are your RACIST mates ennit.

ReputationRep:
    Indeed - we should ban them.
    You're not a fan of this place then?

ReputationRep:
    Indeed - we should ban them.
    No. People have a right to their opinion, as long as it is expressed in a reasonable way.
    Sometimes people do get caught up on an issue that is emotive for them, and they do react strongly, but if people can't discuss this without resorting to insulting others, and general rudeness, then some action should be taken.

ReputationRep:
    Oh great, a Mormon. Take this hippy new age stuff elsewhere please.
    Sometimes gnostic makes posts that make me think we could be best of friends

ReputationRep:
    Hmm i might be guilty of that... However, I do only insult people when they do it to me first, I'm afraid I don't know the meaning of the phrase 'taking the moral high ground'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claire1985)
    Hmm i might be guilty of that... However, I do only insult people when they do it to me first, I'm afraid I don't know the meaning of the phrase 'taking the moral high ground'
    I'm the same, when I'm offended I go off on a tangent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    I'm the same, when I'm offended I go off on a tangent.
    Answer to my post.

ReputationRep:
    Agreed - there are so many childish people on these boards refusing to accept my point of view.
    I am willing to listen to anyones opinion regarding it is put in a reasonable manner. And if their reasoning is strong enough to sway me from my own thoughts on the issue, then i may change my opinion. But you cannot call people childish just because they don't agree with you.
    If i took that attitude, at some time or another i would call everyone childish.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 27, 2004

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.