This discussion is closed.
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
Out of interest, why did Bono post a poll last night about becoming a mod and he wasn't getting the result he wanted (ie. it was slightly skewed to people being against him becoming a mod.) So as he didn't get the result he wanted last night he made a poll again - but this time a public poll, because he knew that some people wouldn't vote against him as he and everyone else could see who was doing it.
The claim was that people could create multiple users and vote against. A likely story I think not, who would be so sad?
Bigcnee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
Out of interest, why did Bono post a poll last night about becoming a mod and he wasn't getting the result he wanted (ie. it was slightly skewed to people being against him becoming a mod.) So as he didn't get the result he wanted last night he made a poll again - but this time a public poll, because he knew that some people wouldn't vote against him as he and everyone else could see who was doing it.
Ickle_Katy suggested that an anonymous poll wasn't fair (even though modern democracy suggests otherwise) so he made a new one.
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Bigcnee)
Ickle_Katy suggested that an anonymous poll wasn't fair (even though modern democracy suggests otherwise) so he made a new one.
The public poll had an ineresting result too. As a small analytical point, no moderator voted yes this time around. None voted undecided. Two (Ollie and Hayden) voted against. Interesting...
G4ry
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Bigcnee)
An anonymous poll seems more fair than a public one; because you don't have to account for your reasoning. If Bono did become a mod and someone voted against him, they may for whatever reason feel he may "pick" on them and so abstain from the poll.
Bigcnee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
An anonymous poll seems more fair than a public one; because you don't have to account for your reasoning. If Bono did become a mod and someone voted against him, they may for whatever reason feel he may "pick" on them and so abstain from the poll.
Exactly my thinking. At least Bono didn't get away with voting with his other accounts this way.
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ZJuwelH)
The public poll had an ineresting result too. As a small analytical point, no moderator voted yes this time around. None voted undecided. Two (Ollie and Hayden) voted against. Interesting...
As in, some mod actually voted yes?
material breach
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
the thing that bugs me at the moment is people starting threads and copying other peoples ideas since they cant be bothered to search the top 2 pages to see whether there is already a post on the subject and so we end up with 2 or more threads which means more junk

and i agree with bigcnee and Adhsur
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 2776)
As in, some mod actually voted yes?
What do you mean?
G4ry
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
If Bono became mod it would be like rewarding his bad behaviour.

It's like at school if there's some kid who mucks about in lessons all day and doesn't do the work and gets D's in their tests. Then suddenly they get a low B in one of the tests they receive loads of praise and are rewarded. Whereas a consistent A student does not receive any reward for achieving an A in their exam results as it is expected of them.

This can be related to Bono and him becoming mod. He was a frequent spammer on UKL, he seemed to calm down now and post some helpful things. But why does he think we should be in-debted to him to reward him to not spam on this forum?
lumpycustard
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
nah he wudnt b that mean...
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (76)
18.67%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (82)
20.15%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (77)
18.92%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (89)
21.87%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (41)
10.07%
I haven't started researching yet (42)
10.32%

Watched Threads