Turn on thread page Beta

AQA Spec A Psychology A2 Coursework. watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I am trying to make a start on my psychology course work but my teacher is a bit weird and won't let us look at past pieces. I have no idea how long my introduction to my course work should be. My experiment is a modification of Peterson and Peterson test using the Peterson and Brown technique and is as follows:

Aim: To investigate the effects of interference on the capacity of S.T.M.
    Experiment Hypothesis: The amount of trigrams recalled will be greater when there is no interference task then when there is an interference task.
    Null Hypothesis: The interference tasks will have no effect on the number of trigrams recalled.

Independent Variable: Interference task
    Dependant Variable: Number of trigrams correctly recalled.

Rough idea of experiment- Two Groups: Control- No interference task Other- Interference task (Counting backwards from a 3 digit number in 3's).

Both groups presented with 10 trigrams (to fill up capacity of S.T.M) for 6 seconds. Then given the interference task or not in control groups case (How long would you suggest for interference task to take place and why?).

Both groups then asked to recall trigrams using free recall.

For my introduction I am outlying the characteristics of S.T.M e.g Encoding. Then talking about Trace decay and Interference Theory. There is a huge amount of information and intro about Capacity takes up 1 page alone.

Is there anyone who has done this course work on AQA who can give me some ideas about how long the intro has to be or suggest some books which have examples of past course work for AQA?

Does my hypothesis sound ok? I really appreciate your help; it’s really difficult when your teacher doesn’t provide you with much support.

Thanks
    fivebyfive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fivebyfive)
    Hi,

I am trying to make a start on my psychology course work but my teacher is a bit weird and won't let us look at past pieces. I have no idea how long my introduction to my course work should be. My experiment is a modification of Peterson and Peterson test using the Peterson and Brown technique and is as follows:

Aim: To investigate the effects of interference on the capacity of S.T.M.
    Experiment Hypothesis: The amount of trigrams recalled will be greater when there is no interference task then when there is an interference task.
    Null Hypothesis: The interference tasks will have no effect on the number of trigrams recalled.

Independent Variable: Interference task
    Dependant Variable: Number of trigrams correctly recalled.

Rough idea of experiment- Two Groups: Control- No interference task Other- Interference task (Counting backwards from a 3 digit number in 3's).

Both groups presented with 10 trigrams (to fill up capacity of S.T.M) for 6 seconds. Then given the interference task or not in control groups case (How long would you suggest for interference task to take place and why?).

Both groups then asked to recall trigrams using free recall.

For my introduction I am outlying the characteristics of S.T.M e.g Encoding. Then talking about Trace decay and Interference Theory. There is a huge amount of information and intro about Capacity takes up 1 page alone.

Is there anyone who has done this course work on AQA who can give me some ideas about how long the intro has to be or suggest some books which have examples of past course work for AQA?

Does my hypothesis sound ok? I really appreciate your help; it’s really difficult when your teacher doesn’t provide you with much support.

Thanks
    fivebyfive
    Feel sorry for ya, that ur teacher isnt helpful.

Anyway on the AQa website there is an example piece of coursework which I used (v. helpful when u dont hav a clue).

Your hypothesis is fine.

I did just over a side for my introduction (font size 12), some ppl did about a side in my class so it just depends on how many studies/theories u got.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyte)
    Feel sorry for ya, that ur teacher isnt helpful.

Anyway on the AQa website there is an example piece of coursework which I used (v. helpful when u dont hav a clue).

Your hypothesis is fine.

I did just over a side for my introduction (font size 12), some ppl did about a side in my class so it just depends on how many studies/theories u got.
    Thanks for your help, that example was really useful just what i was looking for.

Cheers
    fivebyfive

ReputationRep:
    My introduction was just about 700 words. You have to remember the word limit is 2000, so your work has to be quite compact, straight to the point. The discussion is considered quite important. Good luck

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.