The Student Room Group

Has anyone here ever had an addiction?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IgorYakov
Its REALLY good :smile:

Hey whats the full name of the show or could you send me a you tube link? I'm really interested now :wink: but can't find it on you tube :smile:
Tuna Ryvitas, don't ask me why... :L
Original post by Coffeegirl
Hey whats the full name of the show or could you send me a you tube link? I'm really interested now :wink: but can't find it on you tube :smile:

It should be House MD but House would find a search :O
try House MD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DIADh4lMq8

here's a fan made one that looks good :smile:
Reply 163
gambling :frown: don't do it! go gamanon weekly. not gambled for 4 months.
(8) I'm totally addicted to bass (8) :smile:
Original post by IgorYakov
It should be House MD but House would find a search :O
try House MD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DIADh4lMq8

here's a fan made one that looks good :smile:

I'll give it a go thanks :smile:
Original post by imgoodatpokemon
I'm getting my first tattoo in a couple weeks though and I can imagine I'll start getting a little addicted to that.

This is probably my addiction. Although I've only got two at the moment because I don't have the money right now, I've planned probably my next 7! I think I'll run out of space before I'll run out of ideas!

I also have a mild physical dependence on dihydrocodeine which I've been prescribed for chronic pain, but I'm not sure that really counts because it's not a psychological addiction, I just get a little jittery and headachey if I don't take them regularly; and often I'll try and sleep that off if I don't have to be somewhere. And my dosage is written as 'One four times a day' and I think the last time I took the full dose was in March when I had a full day of lectures followed by pool practice followed by having to finish a piece of coursework so really needed the pain relief! The box is of 100 so it should last a little under 4 weeks if I'm taking the full dose but I got them on the 21st May and still have 29 left...
Reply 167
Oh my... Jaffa cakes.

I literally cannot go near them.
I'm not joking.
Just one and I fall into the jaffa abyss.
They're just so good.
Oh my god.

If you think I'm joking, I'm not. It's been 9 months since my last jaffa cake and in that time I've dropped from a size 14 to a size 8.

Jaffa cakes are my downfall.
Studying apparently. Now my exams are over I feel lost, like there's a huge gap in my life. I could go to the gym, play some games, see some friends etc but all I wanna do is study. Weird...

Is this normal? I thought I'd be happy now I can finally do what I want but I have no motivation to do anything.
Reply 169
Runescape for 5 years...

And this is a weird one, but crying is an addiction, I rarely cried but nowadays I deal with stress by crying and even when somethings really bothering me and distressing me I'll end up crying because it makes me feel better.

No one understands it, it makes me feel better but I really need to stop
Yep, thankfully not anymore though.

Video games (counter strike) and self harm.

/wasted teenagehood:colonhash:
Reply 171
Football Manager, seriously took over my life. Would just spend days and days playing it constantly then I could go like a month without looking at it, then I'd start again. I'm still in this cycle. Suppose there are worse things to be addicted too! I wouldn't class it as an addiction but it's the closest thing I've ever had to one.
Reply 172
Original post by Platostolemysocks
Oh totally! None of that instant nonsense!!! Whats your favourite?

My SO is Swedish and introduced me to this amazing dark roast called Zoégas Skånerost. Can't start my day without 2 cups of it and keep topping up throughout the day. His parents brought 4kgs wort of it when they visited London over Easter. Already gone.
Reply 173
Original post by Sam_a225
In the 7 years I played WoW I had just over 1 year of total online time, I think that counts :s-smilie:

Unfortunately I can beat that :frown: 1 year playtime on lord of the rings online over 4 years. I was full on addicted where I'd actually experience severe withdrawal symptoms if I didn't play for a couple of days. That 4th year I would say I was more or less over the addiction too and was playing more "casually" so I dread to think what my playtime could have been. On some days I could easily play up to 14+ hours a day.
(edited 11 years ago)
Went through a period of smoking about 10g of weed a week, developed an addiction to the tobacco I was smoking it with, but that was pretty easy to break.
Food, maybe.
Reply 176
Redbull
Reply 177
Pokemon on Gameboy! The old ones are the best, go level 100 Charizard!

Oh and MMORPG's such as Runescape and Dofus (still addicted!)...

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I think I avoided the runescape addiction thing solely because my computer was too **** to run it properly.
Reply 179
A mild Dr.Pepper addiction, which I have phased out and replaced with a Coca Cola addiction. That ****'s addictive. It should come with warning labels like cigarettes!

Oh and an energy drink every school morning, though less of an addiction, more the fact to combat 6 hours of sleep during the weekday, then lowered to 5 before an exam.

Quick Reply

Latest