Report 6 years ago
Caffeine really helps. eat bananas and chocolate
TurboCretin
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ColdKant)
Is it a good idea to consume caffeine before entering the exam hall?
What are your experiences with caffeine and sitting an actual exam?
Does it help? Did you end up doing well in the exam? Or worse?
It's hard to know about its effectiveness when there are so many myths regarding it.

(Sorry if there already is a thread on this, couldn't find one exactly related to caffeine and sitting the actual exam)
You're better off without it, from my experience. Some time between getting up on the morning of the exam and flipping the paper over in the exam hall the adrenaline will kick in and you'll have all the stimulant you need already in your system. Taking caffeine onboard as well would in all likelihood turn you into a twitchy wreck, not to mention unable to focus properly. Wouldn't recommend it, personally. Of course, people are different.
ladyclaire
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm quite addicted to coffee but... I don't drink it before exams.. I find it hard to concentrate half an hour later...

Just stick to water if you want to do well in exams I find it more helpful; when I'm kinda losing my concentration.. I just drink water then I'm back on track

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Xx_Eddie_xX
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It is not a bad idea to drink a certain portion of coca-cola, which as caffeine and sugar. It depends on how you react to it but I feel it helps greatly. OR drink a very strong coffee in the morning which will put you into a hyper mode for the next hour or two and then it will help you stay awake and focused for the next four or five, but this is probably not a good idea if you have multiple exams throughout the day. It is a good idea to test this out on a mock paper, because this is just my opinion. I hope you find this helpful and good luck in your exams! BTW this advice is probably more useful for people over the age of 12.
Abhi842
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Yes it worked for me. I had 2 exams I gave one with caffeine and other without caffeine. With caffeine I was able to remember details of things I studied earlier without caffeine I used to stuck in one question for much time.

According to my knowledge Caffeine helps because it increases Heart Rate, Breathing and blood pressure which finally increases Oxygen in our Body and Brain too.

Just make sure to take it about 1 hour before exam. Also sleep well night before exam. Don't sacrifice your sleeping hours.
Christianbekre
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
chocolate is more preferable than caffeine
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Zoinks
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by ColdKant)
Is it a good idea to consume caffeine before entering the exam hall?
What are your experiences with caffeine and sitting an actual exam?
Does it help? Did you end up doing well in the exam? Or worse?
It's hard to know about its effectiveness when there are so many myths regarding it.

(Sorry if there already is a thread on this, couldn't find one exactly related to caffeine and sitting the actual exam)
i LIVE on coffee, it doesn't particularly affect my grades in any way but i just struggle staying awake in th exam hall, especially if i did a cram session the previous night. i say go for it
alexander00000
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
can we have a moment of silence for muslims doing ramadan?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 20 May '19
  • London Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Mini Open Evening - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 May '19
  • Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How has 2019 been so far?

Amazing!!! (50)
5.73%
Fairly positive (282)
32.3%
Just another year... (339)
38.83%
Is it 2020 yet? (202)
23.14%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise