Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Getting software onto a netbook Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,
    I am thinking of buying a netbook soon (already got a good laptop, but its heavy and big and unwieldy, so I'd be using it as a home computer, and doing most of my work on it and just occasionally using the netbook for travel). Before I do I want to check if I can get my existing Office software onto it? I presume netbooks don't have cd drives, right? My copy of Office is a set of discs. So might it be possible to download it from the Microsoft website by using the product licence of the copy I own?
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    This should solve your problem: http://www.microsoft.com/office/down...s/Default.aspx

Download and install on the netbook and then enter the activation key which came with your product :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VBQ)
    This should solve your problem: http://www.microsoft.com/office/down...s/Default.aspx

Download and install on the netbook and then enter the activation key which came with your product :yes:
    Thanks a lot!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Other option is to get an external CD/DVD drive, comes in handy tbh, costs around £10-15.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    Other option is to get an external CD/DVD drive, comes in handy tbh, costs around £10-15.
    I'll bear it in mind!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    I bought an external disc drive with my Nectar points as anti-virus programmes are cheaper and cover multiple PC's if you buy them on disc.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    I just tried to download Office on a new netbook, but it says my product key is false :confused: I've typed it really carefully and I've only had it installed on two other laptops
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    I just tried to download Office on a new netbook, but it says my product key is false :confused: I've typed it really carefully and I've only had it installed on two other laptops
    Definitely a 3 computer license? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    Definitely a 3 computer license? :holmes:
    No :facepalm: Just checked that out. Its Office Professional, and only licensed for two :cry:

Bugger!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    Thanks a lot!
    You're welcome :yes:

Poll
How are you feeling about Results Day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.