Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey all soon-to-be-aidanites!

Just a quick message after coming across your neat little gathering. Great place to share info and to make friends before you even arrive! Anyway was really just wondering if you'd received the fresher's handbook yet? Sorry it was so late, had a few problems with the printing. Hopefully it's ok though?!

Any questions just ask!

Get very excited!

Neil

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sid1471)
    Hey all soon-to-be-aidanites!

Just a quick message after coming across your neat little gathering. Great place to share info and to make friends before you even arrive! Anyway was really just wondering if you'd received the fresher's handbook yet? Sorry it was so late, had a few problems with the printing. Hopefully it's ok though?!

Any questions just ask!

Get very excited!

Neil
    Yay!!!!! I have , i found alsorts i wanted to do, ever since i first heard about klute i've wanted to come to durham! Oh yeah and on a more serious note, do aidans rooms have mini fridges in them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cobra01977)
    do aidans rooms have mini fridges in them
    if they do, someones is getting trophyed! (for trophyed, read stolen)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tkfmbp)
    if they do, someones is getting trophyed! (for trophyed, read stolen)
    The refurbished rooms have them, other rooms have communal ones in the pantry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kieren)
    The refurbished rooms have them, other rooms have communal ones in the pantry.
    how many rooms have been refurbished?

ReputationRep:
    Hey again (my second post, very exciting),

I'll just try and settle the discusssion on refurbishment... By the time you return to College we HOPE to have about 80% of the main College building refurbished. If you came up for the open day you should have seen (maybe by me ) that all the shared rooms had been completed. At this very moment the majority of the remaining College building is being done...and will, fingers crossed, be finished for when you return! But that's not your problem

And yes, the rooms have fridges!

Phew, bit of a mammoth one there. Look forward to meeting you all soon!

Neil

ReputationRep:
    Do we get a kettle or should we bring one?
    And when will we find out who we're sharing with?
    Thanks chuck!

ReputationRep:
    Hey peapod,

If you feel the urge for frequent cuppas then bring a kettle for your room! It's a gd ppl magnet too

And as for sharing, you should know within the next week if you are sharing, and who with! Sorry it's taking a bit of time, but we want to make sure we get the matches as best as can be!

Neil

ReputationRep:
    Hey peapod,

If you feel the urge for frequent cuppas then bring a kettle for your room! It's a gd ppl magnet too

And as for sharing, you should know within the next week if you are sharing, and who with! Sorry it's taking a bit of time, but we want to make sure we get the matches as best as can be!

Neil
    so are we allowed things like that, what about an iron, i thought we wernt allowed to use things that used lots of electricity

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cobra01977)
    so are we allowed things like that, what about an iron, i thought we wernt allowed to use things that used lots of electricity
    hehe no, even at Aidan's we can cater for the odd iron or two! Just as long as you put your 50p in the meter beforehand :cool: just kidding!

ReputationRep:
    Hey peapod,

Neil
    In your opinion if we've given a valid reason not to share is it likely that we'll have to? I mean, do you normally put those who haven't given reasons in shared rooms first?

ReputationRep:
    Hello, has anybody heard anything yet?
    Starting to get the impression our college is a bit sluggish!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peapod)
    Hello, has anybody heard anything yet?
    Starting to get the impression our college is a bit sluggish!
    No I haven't, should be soon though I hope! Hope everyone's ok...! See you all very soon. Can someone from Aidan's please post on here when they hear ANYTHING about accomodation!
    x

ReputationRep:
    I haven't heard anything either! Have you guys received your freshers handbooks yet?? I still haven't even gotten it, hope they haven't forgotten me! I know it takes longer for mail to reach me down here but really! I'm leaving in a week, ahh how cool!

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

Sorry for the all the delays...but we really haven't forgotten you! Claire, the President, has just been mega busy what with our refurbishment and everything. But I have good news...!!

I got a letter this morning saying who my College children are, so hopefully you'll hear something very soon from yours! Who knows, maybe you're one of them ;-)

I am a bit worried that you haven't received your handbook though - I thought everyone had them? If you haven't then PM me and we'll try and sort something out ASAP!

See in...yup a week! :eek:
    Neil

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

Sorry for the all the delays...but we really haven't forgotten you! Claire, the President, has just been mega busy what with our refurbishment and everything. But I have good news...!!

I got a letter this morning saying who my College children are, so hopefully you'll hear something very soon from yours! Who knows, maybe you're one of them ;-)

I am a bit worried that you haven't received your handbook though - I thought everyone had them? If you haven't then PM me and we'll try and sort something out ASAP!

See in...yup a week! :eek:
    Neil
    Hey Neil, have you heard anything about accomodation yet??? I really hate bugging (I know how annoying it can be) but we're coming in a week lol!!! And I think I am an orphan as I've heard nothing from my parent .
    Anyway, still VERY excited about coming! I think this week is going to drag a treat

ReputationRep:
    Hi Clint (and all the other disgruntled fresher Aidanites!) :rolleyes:

Have just spoken to pres Claire especially for you guys to find out what's going on! No expense spared here huh...

I know this is going to sound like a bit of a cop-out, but it is true! With the massive refurbishment taking place for you guys, everything is mad busy up there, hence why it's all a bit slower

However things should be in the post for you tomorrow about your rooms! About College parents...well things have been sent out to your parent. It's down to that person to contact you basically. If you're yet to hear anything then it might be because they're away or something?!

Hope that's ok...please don't think too many bad things (as if you would)! :eek: Fresher's Week is still going to be AMAZING!

Neil

ReputationRep:
    Yay! but by the way, no aidanite here seems to have heard ANYTHING from their college parent...

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone, I spoke to St. Aidan's today and they said that all the accomodation info is in the post as we speak...well as I type ! I've got a single room . But I still haven't heard from my college parent, I think I may have a lazy one!!!

Post when u find out what room ur in...may be my neighbour

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clint553)
    Hey everyone, I spoke to St. Aidan's today and they said that all the accomodation info is in the post as we speak...well as I type ! I've got a single room . But I still haven't heard from my college parent, I think I may have a lazy one!!!

Post when u find out what room ur in...may be my neighbour
    what did you say when you rang up?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.