Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    OK I have been given two condtionals for edinburgh college of art and robert gordon university to study architecture, now I have to choose between the two! I would really appreciate it if anyone could give me their opinions on these two places as it is really hard to find any info on the net. Also if you know anything about the courses and the facilities it would be great. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jshewan2187)
    OK I have been given two condtionals for edinburgh college of art and robert gordon university to study architecture, now I have to choose between the two! I would really appreciate it if anyone could give me their opinions on these two places as it is really hard to find any info on the net. Also if you know anything about the courses and the facilities it would be great. Thanks
    i know nothing about robert gordon but edinburgh is an incredibly well respected old university with wicked social life for students (fringe festival and midwinter festivals to name but two) .. its a really vibrant city, with quite a small old centre (lovely buildings and setting with edinburgh castle in the middle) and i would highly recommend it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by presebjenada)
    i know nothing about robert gordon but edinburgh is an incredibly well respected old university with wicked social life for students (fringe festival and midwinter festivals to name but two) .. its a really vibrant city, with quite a small old centre (lovely buildings and setting with edinburgh castle in the middle) and i would highly recommend it
    As far as I am aware, edibururgh university is Different from edinburugh college of art, ie they are separate institutions.

ReputationRep:
    I know nothing about the two places mentioned above, but what really is helpful is that you visit them + weight the pros and cons - should really help make your decision clearer. You are after all going to spend a few years there after all, so make your choice carefully.

ReputationRep:
    I know nothing about the edinburgh college of art but the city is a brilliant place to be with so many attractions. If you want to be central then it is a much better place than RGU.
    Also, RGU doesn't have a brilliant reputation. However I seem to remember that it has a fairly high graduate employment rate. I guess this is due to the fact that a lot of the courses are vocational.
    I live in Aberdeen-it's a nice enough city with lots to do but it is a bit isolated which can be depressing in winter but it's lovely in the summer. There's some beautiful countryside nearby if that's important to you.

ReputationRep:
    For architecture robert gordon is ranked 18 and edinburgh is ranked 9, so i guess edinburgh is better. By the way are you guys sure that edinburgh college of art is different to edinburgh uni? If so i would go for robert gordon!

ReputationRep:
    yeah edinburgh uni is completely different form edinburgh college of art which is why tables are no use because they only list edinburgh uni! I have visited both and tried to weigh up the pros and cons but so far im getting nowhere so I thought id turn to you guys and see if you had any ideas. Trying to find info on edinburgh college of art is the really hard thing because it is not an uni but you still get your degree through heriot-watt even though they are not associated in any other way.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to be studying architecture... and personally of the two i'd go for Edinbrugh College of Art, (i have an offer there too!) but chose glasgow as my insurance...
    Edinbrugh is an amazing city and the course there looks great!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ogs)
    I'm going to be studying architecture... and personally of the two i'd go for Edinbrugh College of Art, (i have an offer there too!) but chose glasgow as my insurance...
    Edinbrugh is an amazing city and the course there looks great!
    edinburgh all the way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by presebjenada)
    edinburgh all the way

architechire in ediburgh is astonishing,cosmetically the best city in the uk along side york

ReputationRep:
    Ok thanks for the advice guys but i'm basically doing the opposite to what most of you have said and am accepting an offer for Robert Gordon! Its course has more to do with the technical aspects which is something im really interested in and the engineering side whereas eca seems to be to into the design approach and not really concentrating about how it will stand up when it is built. Well thanks anyway and hope everyone gets into the unis they want to go into!!

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.