This discussion is closed.
hildabeast
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
I don't know about anyone else but I'm definitely feeling the stress of having imminent first year exams. Arrrgh!!!
Does anyone else think the Oxbridge system of exams and the 'all-or-nothing' finals does their nerves no good at all?
scanner
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by hildabeast)
I don't know about anyone else but I'm definitely feeling the stress of having imminent first year exams. Arrrgh!!!
Does anyone else think the Oxbridge system of exams and the 'all-or-nothing' finals does their nerves no good at all?
It isn't a good system but you'll feel wonderful when they are finished.
davey_boy
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I thought the system was great. Yes ok, there's a few weeks of stress every now and then, but the rest of the time you're stress free. Also, from an academic point of view, you can learn stuff slightly away from the sylabus if you haven't got looming exams which gives you a more rounded overall education. Personally I hate constantly learning how to get marks in a certain exam - its very different to actually learning a subject.
PhilomenaGuinea
Report 17 years ago
what is the 'all-or-nothing' system? does this mean it is possible to fail at the end of the year and be rusticated? argh... do many people fail?
DonnaB041986
Report 17 years ago
im not at uni yet (have the fun of doing my a levels this yr), but i think the 'all-or-nothing' system would suit me better than what im doing now - working on coursework constantly, and we havent even had the january module results yet but we already have mocks for the june exams (yes, june - 3 months away!!! :-/) next week.
i would rather have one lot of exams at the end than be under alot of pressure for the whole year, but i guess everyone has their own preference.
hildabeast - please dont worry too much! keep your chin up and it'll all be fine

Donna
-x-
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (0)
0%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (7)
63.64%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (2)
18.18%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (1)
9.09%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (1)
9.09%

Watched Threads