Turn on thread page Beta

Does anybody here listen to trance/dance/house music? watch

ReputationRep:
    i think that this genre of music is seriously overlooked. most of my friends just went down the guitar route because it seemed like the 'cool' thing to do. i've always stuck with my trance/dance music and love it so much. ive met a few people at university who are the same but there are a pretty rare find.

a lot of people seem to be into the 'black' genre now as well.

adam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by byb3)
    i think that this genre of music is seriously overlooked. most of my friends just went down the guitar route because it seemed like the 'cool' thing to do. i've always stuck with my trance/dance music and love it so much. ive met a few people at university who are the same but there are a pretty rare find.

adam
    No, with respect its dire. Not all good music is by the guitar, the piano is an excellent instrument accompanied with drums and base guitar, it is sad few people can play piano in a contemporay fashion.

ReputationRep:
    it was bigger and better in the late 80s/90s, its all a bit poppy now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    No, with respect its dire. Not all good music is by the guitar, the piano is an excellent instrument accompanied with drums and base guitar, it is sad few people can play piano in a contemporay fashion.
    i am with you on the piano point. i think this instrument is probably the best of all time.

ReputationRep:
    I love all good music, and am unashamed of my liking of trance and dance and stuff. Despite my mates taking the piss and cussing the simple bassline when it comes up in conversation. I think the records from Faithless are great.

But when it gets to things like acid house, that's just offkey.

ReputationRep:
    I enjoy both guitar type garage rock, and also electroclash like felix da housecat and miss kittin etc, i also like sum stuff like lemon jelly etc. but yes it seems to be a small minority who do lik that kind of thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by byb3)

adam
    It sounds the same, gives me a headache, makes me want to run for cover

ReputationRep:
    i like most sorts of music including dance and the 'black' genre aswell. everyone is different and therefore have different tastes.

ReputationRep:
    i went through a big trance/dance phase a few years back, now into mellow guitar sort of stuff, and in total contrast, depressing music. Although i still enjoy the occasional dance.

Dance is more about when ur pissed in a club i think.

ReputationRep:
    The best dance music gets you going regardless of mood or what you're doing at the time.

ReputationRep:
    Byb3!!
    Yes - hard house, euphoric house, trance, transcendental euphoria etc.
    PLURR!!

ReputationRep:
    house is such a boarders genre, which is why i have a mysterious fondness for it, despite my entirely boring taste in music.

ReputationRep:
    Yes.....I listen to this genre, of dance/happy hardcore/house/old skool/techno etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suspicious_fish)
    Byb3!!
    Yes - hard house, euphoric house, trance, transcendental euphoria etc.
    PLURR!!
    i love you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by byb3)
    i love you
    I am not sure if this fits into your categories by blue monday by new order is great and so is escape by dj-kaycee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by byb3)

adam
    you mean techno? that stuff is awful

ReputationRep:
    I suppose it's not so bad if you're completely trashed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    you mean techno? that stuff is awful
    god not techno. the germans might not be well know for their sense of humour, but you have got to laugh at techno!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    god not techno. the germans might not be well know for their sense of humour, but you have got to laugh at techno!
    i bet you have a few scooter cds stashed away

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by byb3)
    i bet you have a few scooter cds stashed away
    whistles at the ready...

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 3, 2004

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.