Turn on thread page Beta

Does anybody here listen to trance/dance/house music? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by byb3)
    i bet you have a few scooter cds stashed away
    i dont, i get all my music frrom my friends.....no sense in buying it, the only shameful music that i have is from 3rd grade, i have the titanic soundtrack, and backstreets back, by the backstreet boys. :rolleyes: i was a stupid kid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by byb3)
    i think that this genre of music is seriously overlooked. most of my friends just went down the guitar route because it seemed like the 'cool' thing to do. i've always stuck with my trance/dance music and love it so much. ive met a few people at university who are the same but there are a pretty rare find.

a lot of people seem to be into the 'black' genre now as well.

adam

i am a trance producer and have djed for a few years now. I do miss the trance in 98/99, which were very high quality. Dj Tiesto is the king of trance at the moment - anyone interested must listen to his 'in search of sunrise' series.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by byb3)
    i love you
    Straight back atcha, kid.

ReputationRep:
    Love all types of music, but i gotta admit Disco/funky house & garage gets your booty movin' and really improves your mood!

Also great, is Latin house, check out Bah Samba (uplifting) ... and they're from Brighton!!!

Techno (hard, bassy) is good for working out to, Azzido Da Bass, Underworld, Benny Benassy etc.

The poppy stuff like DJ Sammy and LMC gives dance music a terrible name!!

Try, Zuco 103, Estereo record label, Tutto Matto, 4 Hero, Some Basement Jaxx, S-Tone Inc, St Germain for chill out jazz/dance!!

What do you guys think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by byb3)
    i bet you have a few scooter cds stashed away
    I do but I like them....I have about 5 albums....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heather_1)
    I do but I like them....I have about 5 albums....
    lol they 'write' the worst lyrics ever, but some of the results aren't that bad. the worst one i remember seeing was called 'How much is the fish?'.

adam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by byb3)
    lol they 'write' the worst lyrics ever, but some of the results aren't that bad. the worst one i remember seeing was called 'How much is the fish?'.

adam
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....oryId=cat01164.

Heh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by byb3)
    i think that this genre of music is seriously overlooked. most of my friends just went down the guitar route because it seemed like the 'cool' thing to do. i've always stuck with my trance/dance music and love it so much. ive met a few people at university who are the same but there are a pretty rare find.

a lot of people seem to be into the 'black' genre now as well.

adam
    no, im afraid i really hate it becuase of the repition, frenzied keys etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    it was bigger and better in the late 80s/90s, its all a bit poppy now

I totally agree with you and i love to groove to dance and techno music but the music i listen to these days is stuff thats been remixed from the 90's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    That's just another stereotype! What about rock music, repetitive or rip-off of riffs!!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard shania twain's mix CD????
    haha

ReputationRep:
    i personally don't like dance ,tranceor rave or anything like that. i prefer rock/metal personally. to all the crap bands like linkin park and evanesence please don't spoil the word rock by being associated with it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    the repetition of the chords are made to put you in to a 'trance' state, hence trance

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 3, 2004
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.