Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Yeah, I thought it was. Nice exam.
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Phew, at least one other person thinks so.
Luckily i had done two of the EXACT same questions, 4 and 8, for revision, so i just wrote it down for tonnes of easy marks.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
This is the one that everyone was worrying about :/
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
Yeah, same here. But most people found it hard apparently.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Only question I found (I was the first reply in this thread) was question 6, merely because I messed up my formula in the second part of the question. Everything else I found strangely easy, the last two questions were done in 10 minutes
Eru Iluvatar
Rep:
?
Question 6?
Sorry, i cant remember which is which.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Something on an inclined slope, you had to work out the frictional force (got that) and the distance it moved before coming to rest (don't think I got that).
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
i thought that the "train" question, question 7, was dodgy to find out T....
also that question about the diver 5 metres above wat? from the springboard or from where she jumps.... some of the questions were badly phrased in my opinion!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Question 7, T=98 seconds

Basically you were told the train overtook after they'd reached maximum speeds. So you took the distances travelled whilst accelerating, and calculated the distance moved up to the overtaking point. Basically by putting their distances equal you are working out at what distance they overtook, and stuff. I can't explain it now, but 98 works out fine
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
i remember that question

the working was

30(12)(0.5) + 52(30) + 30T = 60(24)(0.5) + 60T

180 + 1560 +30T = 720 +60T

1020 = 30T

T=34

However as in this model I have taken the value of T beginning at 64 seconds

34 + 64 = 98

(however as i managed to write down in the actual exam 64 + 34 = 100)
maljosh
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
i didn't have enough time to complete all the questions... wasn't sure how to find the distance moved by the particle on inclined plane.

luckily, grade boundaries are lower than in pure or stats,
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
for the question working out T, i understood the question as being that B overtook A when it reached its maximum speed, so i got T=64 i think, i was prob wrong tho. the other one, bout the diver, it was terribly written. i did it so that the diver went vertically upwards and then down, because the question was phrased as sayin he "didnt hit the board", but it was only a 3 mark question! question 2 was prob the trickiest impulse and momentum question ive seen. they normally very easy
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
okay - i found this exam bloody hard!

we have set up some new forums to

www.notes4class.co.uk

at

http://www.notes4class.co.uk/phpBB2

so check them out and register

there are not that many posts yet but its been up and running for 2 days to thats expected!!!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (312)
34.06%
No (604)
65.94%

Watched Threads