Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    When I was in Germany, one of the things I noticed right away was that it seemed like every kid over the age of 10 had a cell phone, or 'handy' as they called it. No matter where we were, always constant phone's going off. Now of course we have them here too (canada), but it's not as commonplace, and still relatively expensive depeding on what you get. I'd say your average person pays between $35 - $40 CDN (14 - 16 GBP, 21 - 24 EUR) month for a cell. What does it cost you guys to have them in your respective countries?

ReputationRep:
    My contract is £20 a month + calls of course, get loads of free stuff in with that tho. Not uncommon for people here to spend like £50+ a month on pay as you go phones. Almost anyone over the age of 10 has a phone here i think

ReputationRep:
    its been like this in the UK for years now

ReputationRep:
    My contract is £30 per month, but I usually spend just less than £40.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.