The Student Room Group

Security Council position avaliable!

Hey all!
With DavidMarsh resigning as representative for India that position is now avaliable.

Candidates now have 7 days to submit a manifesto detailing why they should hold the position of representative for India, a permanent member of the MUN security council.

The manifesto should be no more than 200 words.

After that there will be the usual Q&A and then a poll.

Let the games begin.

:cool:

Scroll to see replies

Might go for this one actually... :holmes:

Would I be able to take dual rep?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
Would I be able to represent both US and India or is that too much?
Original post by Kiss
Would I be able to represent both US and India or is that too much?

That would be a bit much. I'd like someone else to have a go to be honest.

Original post by Moleman1996
Might go for this one actually... :holmes:

Would I be able to take dual rep?

You can but I'd prefer the SC nation to be your primary. And doing that might put your other decision in jeapordy. It would complicate things slightly if you had a SC nation as your secondary.
Reply 4
Original post by thunder_chunky
That would be a bit much. I'd like someone else to have a go to be honest

No probs!
Original post by Kiss
No probs!

I hope you can understand why.
Reply 6
I hope you can understand why.

Because having both India and the US' vast military and resources is a little bit overpowered? :colone:
Original post by Kiss
Because having both India and the US' vast military and resources is a little bit overpowered? :colone:

Well I don't like the idea of one person holding two SC nations because It's unfair, I don't think it would be very democratic either.
Reply 8
Well I don't like the idea of one person holding two SC nations because It's unfair, I don't think it would be very democratic either.

Oh thats just superstition :colone:
Original post by Kiss
Oh thats just superstition :colone:

:lol: Sure it is. Nice try though. :cool:
Reply 10
Would I be able to drop my position for the Holy See and take up India instead?
Reply 11
QFA

Just to check, is there going to be an election to replace the absent China Rep? It'd be good to announce all the ones that need to happen (China, France, India) at the same time so people could have a think about which they'd best suit...
Original post by JPKC
Just to check, is there going to be an election to replace the absent China Rep? It'd be good to announce all the ones that need to happen (China, France, India) at the same time so people could have a think about which they'd best suit...

Yes indeed. I'm just waiting to hear back from a few people more but there certainly will be multiple SC elections. I'm just wondering whether to do them one by one or all at the same time.

If I did them one by one some people might get voting fatigue but people would be able to have another go if they failed at one election.
What do you think?
Original post by hines
Would I be able to drop my position for the Holy See and take up India instead?

India is a SC position so to get that position you'd have to win an election for it.
That would be a bit much. I'd like someone else to have a go to be honest.

You can but I'd prefer the SC nation to be your primary. And doing that might put your other decision in jeapordy. It would complicate things slightly if you had a SC nation as your secondary.

Yeah, don't think I will actually. Would be unfair for me to make Tunisia secondary, having promised to put a lot of time in to getting the league running properly.
Reply 15
Yes indeed. I'm just waiting to hear back from a few people more but there certainly will be multiple SC elections. I'm just wondering whether to do them one by one or all at the same time.

If I did them one by one some people might get voting fatigue but people would be able to have another go if they failed at one election.
What do you think?

My suggestion would be to announce them all at once, then get the people interested to state which elections they'd like to contest (maybe limited to two). If they win one then they simply don't contest the other, if they lose the first then they contest the second, if they lose that too then that's that.

Who are you waiting to hear back from?
Reply 16
Good luck to anyone that applies.
Reply 17
hmmm I've always liked India, Good food might have to take a crack at this one :biggrin: ... free Samosas for anyone that votes for me :rolleyes: :tongue:
Anyone that offers me free samosas gets my vote hands down! :drool:
Original post by Birchington
Anyone that offers me free samosas gets my vote hands down! :drool:

Mmm Samosa's. When I lived in Mauritius there were supermarkets that sold huge samosa's, as in the size of a dinner plate. My mum would buy two or three and just cook them in the microwave. That with some veg made a pretty good dinner.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending