Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    It's not actually going to be called 'Championship Manager' anymore because SI games and Eidos have split company. SI games own the rights to the original Champ Manager code whereas Eidos own the rights to the name. The new game is called Football Manager, and you can see some pics of it here:

http://www.sigames.com/softography.php?type=view&id=16

I don't know if there are any champ man fanatics on this board, but in my first two years at uni I spent about 60% of my spare time on this game. Addictive as hell, and I'm just glad the new game will be released when I've finished!

ReputationRep:
    They can't do this to me. There must be a law against this time stealing.

ReputationRep:
    lol, yeah I know. I remember I had a meeting with my personal tutor in the first year about the lack of work I'd been doing. I was so tempted to say 'Well, my chairman isn't happy about me taking a degree in my spare time. Wolves need me and I owe it to the fans.'

I actually had to uninstall it and give my friend the cd in order to be able to carry on with my degree. And that wasn't easy to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    They can't do this to me. There must be a law against this time stealing.
    Dave, did you get my message of congratulations yesterday? The two guys in my flat passed too.

CM is the ultimate football fans game. I left it at home to stop me managing Brighton in the Prem!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jammyd)
    Dave, did you get my message of congratulations yesterday? The two guys in my flat passed too.

CM is the ultimate football fans game. I left it at home to stop me managing Brighton in the Prem!
    No I didn't thanks very much!

I wish I'd have left the game at home too, and now i've jsut been reminded of my 1st Div Halifax team on the climb.

ReputationRep:
    need to start playing CM 03/04 again, i'm amazing

seriosuly the new game should be awesome but i really want the feeder leagues(ryman, Doc M etc) sto be included so i can manage Aylesbury

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sillynarb2)
    need to start playing CM 03/04 again, i'm amazing

seriosuly the new game should be awesome but i really want the feeder leagues(ryman, Doc M etc) sto be included so i can manage Aylesbury
    I know, it's annoying.

They tempt you with screenshots of AFC Wimbledon, and then never actually include the lower leagues.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aaarrrggh)
    It's not actually going to be called 'Championship Manager' anymore because SI games and Eidos have split company. SI games own the rights to the original Champ Manager code whereas Eidos own the rights to the name. The new game is called Football Manager, and you can see some pics of it here:

I don't know if there are any champ man fanatics on this board, but in my first two years at uni I spent about 60% of my spare time on this game. Addictive as hell, and I'm just glad the new game will be released when I've finished!
    so does si have the database and code? I'll be buying whoever owns those, because the name means nothing, the game is what is special.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aaarrrggh)

u should be able to write it on ur ucas :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanMushMan)
    so does si have the database and code?
    yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanMushMan)
    so does si have the database and code? I'll be buying whoever owns those, because the name means nothing, the game is what is special.
    Yeah, and there will be a new *******ised version of 'championship manager' released by Eidos in the future. The game we all know and love is now called 'Football Manager'.

ReputationRep:
    that game made me yawn :| so much waiting!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but I defy you to play two seasons with the same team and then put it down. I dared my mate to do that a few years ago and he became completely addicted.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, I only got into messageboards because of CM so that's even more I have to complain about. Does any post on the SI board or on one of the many spin offs?

ReputationRep:
    I post on sigame's forums. I don't go on it very much though to be honest. Partly because I know that champ manager is bad for me. In a heroin addiction kind of way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kildare)
    Lol, I only got into messageboards because of CM so that's even more I have to complain about. Does any post on the SI board or on one of the many spin offs?

yes, I do, under a different name....

ReputationRep:
    yes, I do, under a different name....
    That being?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kildare)
    That being?
    The Art of Drowning......

ReputationRep:
    The Art of Drowning......
    Ah, o.k.

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.