The Student Room Group

Geography OCR B 18th June GCSE

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tarmu
What questions did you do?

The one with the diagram on the first one, Earthquakes on the second, GDP one for the third.
Reply 121
Original post by bookworm786
The one with the diagram on the first one, Earthquakes on the second, GDP one for the third.

What case study did you use for the GDP part?
Original post by Tarmu
What case study did you use for the GDP part?

The aid one lol - Computer Aid in Africa
Reply 123
The aid one lol - Computer Aid in Africa

Oh, lol. I've just phoned up OCR. They've said that the grade boundaries will be higher than ever before :'(
Original post by Tarmu
Oh, lol. I've just phoned up OCR. They've said that the grade boundaries will be higher than ever before :'(

I can see that. The exam was pretty easy tbh. Are you allowed to ask them about dilemmas like mine? That would be so great
Thank god that is over!
What did you put for the 3 distribution of earthquakes one ??!
Original post by Tarmu

Depends on how everyone has done, people in my schools said it was "okay"
Reply 128
Ok I totally failed that - stupid mistakes but hey ho.

I got a low A* in the coursework and first exam combined. If I got say a D in this exam, what would that average out to?
Reply 129
Original post by Shaniquaa

I got a low A* in the coursework and first exam combined. If I got say a D in this exam, what would that average out to?

Probably a B, depends on how high the D is
Original post by Shaniquaa

I don't know you or how you did on the exam, but i know from experience that it is virtually impossible for someone who has got an A* on their coursework to get a D on the exam.
Reply 131
Ahh! I really hope I have done well on this, which sections did you all do?
Reply 132
Hey all, hope the exam went well!

For the Case Study question (4E), where you name the country and the type of tectonic hazard, I stupidly wrote "The country is China and the type of tectonic hazard is an earthquake". I was supposed to write Japan! I have no idea how I got confused, all my answer was detailed and based on the Japan (Great Eastern Earthquake & Tsunami) case study. I answered the question well and really developed.

Does anyone know what the consequence of this silly error of mine would be?:frown:.

I found the exam pretty easy, easier than I expected it to be! Answered the questions confidently and finished the exam feeling confident! How'd yours go?
Reply 133
Original post by Tarmu

How can you presume that? the exams have not been marked.
Original post by Ducky07
Hey all, hope the exam went well!

For the Case Study question (4E), where you name the country and the type of tectonic hazard, I stupidly wrote "The country is China and the type of tectonic hazard is an earthquake". I was supposed to write Japan! I have no idea how I got confused, all my answer was detailed and based on the Japan (Great Eastern Earthquake & Tsunami) case study. I answered the question well and really developed.

Does anyone know what the consequence of this silly error of mine would be?:frown:.

I found the exam pretty easy, easier than I expected it to be! Answered the questions confidently and finished the exam feeling confident! How'd yours go?

I similarly on the Aid question didn't put a country but put Africa.
Did you name Japan anywhere in your answer? I think it would be ok if you did. Also i looked on the mark scheme and saw that if you haven't put a named example then you can only get 5 marks. Since you did put a specific example but just got the name wrong, i'm sure you'll be fine.
Original post by Irishinvader
What did you put for the 3 distribution of earthquakes one ??!

I said
A deadly earthquake in the Caribbean is next to the caribbean plate

Tgen I said they're in LEDC's

Very close to their plate lol
Original post by ColdKant
How can you presume that? the exams have not been marked.

Hi ColdKant, i've probably exhausted the topic but on the Aid question i didn't specify the country and instead put Computer Aid in Africa. Do you think i'd lose many marks? Thanks, and how did ur exam go? :smile:
Original post by woiiiichan
I said
A deadly earthquake in the Caribbean is next to the caribbean plate

Tgen I said they're in LEDC's

Very close to their plate lol

Yeah lol i was stuck on that one too! I remember putting for one most of them are on the iranian plate or something like that but i didn't know which plate was which. Oh well
Reply 138
Original post by Tarmu

There's a good chance the boundaries might increase, but there's no way that you rang up OCR and they told you that. As ColdKant said, they are decided after all the exams are marked and OCR wouldn't discuss that with anyone that just rang up anyway.
Reply 139
Hi ColdKant, i've probably exhausted the topic but on the Aid question i didn't specify the country and instead put Computer Aid in Africa. Do you think i'd lose many marks? Thanks, and how did ur exam go? :smile:

The maximum number of marks you'd lose for that would be one :smile: a real nice examiner would perhaps allow it depending on the quality of your answer :tongue: and it was good, pretty strait forward how about yourself?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending