OCR Design & Technology A2 Product Design Exam

Watch
Lazuz
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Couldn't find a thread on this.

Is anyone doing it tomorrow? & what type of question topic do you plan to pick?

1. Built environment and construction
2. Engineering
3. Food
4. Graphic Products
5. Manufacturing
6. Resistant Materials
7. Systems and Control
8. Textiles

Personally, I think Resistant Materials and Graphic products are probably the ideal options.
ksfarag
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
Hey I'm sitting this exam tomorrow but I'm gonna answer textiles because I don't know enough about the others :/
bethmarydowd
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm resitting this paper tomorrow! gonna answer resistant materials, but as of right now I have done ZERO revision :P woops
ksfarag
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by bethmarydowd)
I'm resitting this paper tomorrow! gonna answer resistant materials, but as of right now I have done ZERO revision :P woops
there is actually very little revision resources for this course which is a bit crap, I've been trying to but I'm finding it pretty difficult
Lazuz
Rep:
?
(Original post by ksfarag)
Hey I'm sitting this exam tomorrow but I'm gonna answer textiles because I don't know enough about the others :/
Ah, alright. Best of luck.

(Original post by bethmarydowd)
Haha, same. I'm doing re-sit and have done fudge all, unfortunately. I'll probably go down the route of resistant materials too, since it's what my teacher recommended.

My best advice for revision would be past papers. Last time, I was given 3 sheet fulls of topics to revise, none of which came of real help. I recommend just printing off the Resistant Materials questions in some past papers and practicing them. That really is the best option.

Best of luck to you both
Lazuz
Rep:
?
(Original post by ksfarag)
there is actually very little revision resources for this course which is a bit crap, I've been trying to but I'm finding it pretty difficult
Look at past papers, trust me! Looking through the book and reading the little things, is a waste of time, in my opinion.
bethmarydowd
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Lazuz)
Ah, alright. Best of luck.

Haha, same. I'm doing re-sit and have done fudge all, unfortunately. I'll probably go down the route of resistant materials too, since it's what my teacher recommended.

My best advice for revision would be past papers. Last time, I was given 3 sheet fulls of topics to revise, none of which came of real help. I recommend just printing off the Resistant Materials questions in some past papers and practicing them. That really is the best option.

Best of luck to you both
i did graphic products in the first one and got a D, but i only need 6 marks to get an A overall so unfortunately i'm not motivated at all to revise :\

yeahh you're right i came on here to find revision materials cause i'm just stuck :P
we've been through all of the past papers as a class but the exam I did just threw things out of the blue so i still wasn't prepared! nightmare
olg207
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hello I am doing this exam as well tomorrow, tbh I am not looking forward to it, because there is very little revision resources available. Any body going to be doing the graphic products questions? I find it a *****!
Anybody else in the same boat?
bethmarydowd
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by olg207)
Hello I am doing this exam as well tomorrow, tbh I am not looking forward to it, because there is very little revision resources available. Any body going to be doing the graphic products questions? I find it a *****!
Anybody else in the same boat?
yup i have the choice between graphics and resistant materials and i don't know much about either!! relying on the 2nd component for the marks
olg207
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
How did we find the exam today people?
bethmarydowd
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by olg207)
How did we find the exam today people?
actuallllly sucked :P total flunked it...
revisiongeek2012
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Anyone taking this exam on the 4th June?
Mercedes_E
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by revisiongeek2012)
Anyone taking this exam on the 4th June?

I'm taking this exam. How comes this is the only thread about it? Been looking everyone for revision material and past papers!
Emilylawx
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm doing it too..
HannahW_x
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I've had to basically learn the whole course in 2 weeks, has anyone got any tips for this exam (I've done every single past paper and gone through the textbook but still don't feel like I have a clue what I'm doing) oh tomorrows going to be so fun
revisiongeek2012
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by HannahW_x)
I've had to basically learn the whole course in 2 weeks, has anyone got any tips for this exam (I've done every single past paper and gone through the textbook but still don't feel like I have a clue what I'm doing) oh tomorrows going to be so fun
i felt the same!! how did you find it?
HannahW_x
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by revisiongeek2012)
i felt the same!! how did you find it?
I thought it was okay, the first paper especially- not sure about the second paper as I'm not sure I went into enough detail
revisiongeek2012
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I found the end qs of the theory paper hard and I'm not sure if I did it wrote or made up my own thing o.O and yeah me too! It's hard to tel with the designing :/
Fubuki8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It actually went well today, what about you guys?
violetdiamondss
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Lazuz)
Couldn't find a thread on this.

Is anyone doing it tomorrow? & what type of question topic do you plan to pick?

1. Built environment and construction
2. Engineering
3. Food
4. Graphic Products
5. Manufacturing
6. Resistant Materials
7. Systems and Control
8. Textiles

Personally, I think Resistant Materials and Graphic products are probably the ideal options.
I'm doing it tomorrow! I'm doing the Textiles topic.... just wanted to ask... what is the exam technique into getting full marks in Component 2???
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (58)
22.48%
Excited but a bit nervous (117)
45.35%
Not bothered either way (34)
13.18%
I'm really nervous (49)
18.99%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed