The Student Room Group

Parent Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Alazne58
Hi everyone.
Searching online trying to find a parents forum of a student forum found this one and joined today. I am looking for other UK/EU parent(s) who also have a teen that is going to study in USA at college this fall/autumn. I am in one of the EU countries. I am also at the american forum CollegeConfidential the parents cafe section.

Welcome to TSR! :woo:

You should also have a look at our Studying in North America forum :smile:

Has your DC got any places confirmed?
Original post by Doonesbury
Welcome to TSR! :woo:

You should also have a look at our Studying in North America forum :smile:

Has your DC got any places confirmed?

Not sure what DC means? My daughter sent in applications to 4 colleges in the midwest USA and had a 5th option that could go in later.
Of the 4 applications she got 3 acceptances. And chose the one she is going to do so she has a confirmed place.
Reply 82
Original post by Alazne58
Not sure what DC means? My daughter sent in applications to 4 colleges in the midwest USA and had a 5th option that could go in later.
Of the 4 applications she got 3 acceptances. And chose the one she is going to do so she has a confirmed place.

Sorry, it's parent code... DC is Darling Child, DD Darling Daughter, DH Darling Husband, etc

It started on a site called Mumsnet which you should also look at even if you are a dad.... They have a Higher Education section.
https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/higher_education
(edited 5 years ago)
Hi thanks. I am older mom got my DD 2 months short of 40. When she started school in 2004 is when I got internet and got online.Still struggling...no hope.
Hi
Ask a parent I might be able to contribute :smile:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6562744 thats my thread/diary/blog. Its got open days, applications, personal statements, interviews etc. (Oxford, Leeds, Leicester, York, Lancaster)
Been on student room about 2 years. Gone through the Oxbridge highs (and lows) seen campus uni's and city unis, Have a daughter whose started uni this year, and does not drink, so can chat about that too. Also move in day, homesickness /empty nest and restraining from contact with daughter/son because you miss them (not them you), it's hard I tell you lol . Also finance as well and having to plan how much to contribute, and that swear word 'covid'.
Hi am looking for some advice. My daughter has Bangor as her insurance uni. For her accommodation at her firm she had to send a medical form signed by her doctor to confirm that she needed a specific type of room. However Bangor only seem to look at accommodation for insurance applicants after 10th August. I’m concerned that this may make it hard for them to accommodate her. (It’s basically only that she needs an ensuite). I’ve advised her to contact Bangor now but she is reluctant to as they seem very specific about the fact that they dont look at any requests unless they are the firmed choice.
Original post by Artois56
Hi am looking for some advice. My daughter has Bangor as her insurance uni. For her accommodation at her firm she had to send a medical form signed by her doctor to confirm that she needed a specific type of room. However Bangor only seem to look at accommodation for insurance applicants after 10th August. I’m concerned that this may make it hard for them to accommodate her. (It’s basically only that she needs an ensuite). I’ve advised her to contact Bangor now but she is reluctant to as they seem very specific about the fact that they dont look at any requests unless they are the firmed choice.

Hi there,
Yes you are right in the fact that we can't guarantee a specific room for your daughter while Bangor is still her insurance choice. However all of the rooms at the University accommodation are en-suite so she won't need to worry about that at all. We also do guarantee accommodation for all first year students so she won't need to worry about that either. You can have a look at the accommodation options we have available here. But the most important thing is that all of our rooms are en-suite, so I hope that puts your daughter's mind at rest.
Please let me know if you need any more information or if you have any questions at all :smile:
Anna
Original post by Bangor Uni
Hi there,
Yes you are right in the fact that we can't guarantee a specific room for your daughter while Bangor is still her insurance choice. However all of the rooms at the University accommodation are en-suite so she won't need to worry about that at all. We also do guarantee accommodation for all first year students so she won't need to worry about that either. You can have a look at the accommodation options we have available here. But the most important thing is that all of our rooms are en-suite, so I hope that puts your daughter's mind at rest.
Please let me know if you need any more information or if you have any questions at all :smile:
Anna

Thanks Anna. That’s very helpful.
Morning Parents

Good luck to your children collecting results today!

If you need help with clearing or adjustment please just ask. Any other questions also welcomed.

Clare
Student Ambassador - 2nd Year Digital Business Student (and Mum of children studying at Uni)
Good morning parents!

There's no doubt that today can be a stressful time for everyone, the most important thing is to keep calm and support your child regardless of their results. If there's any confusion or you just have any questions about the clearing process and what it involves, be sure to get in touch :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending