JoeWilliams
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I'm a student hoping to start in September, and was wondering if any locals/ now students could tell me anything about the night-life. :L I know on some Uni's the focus is on the SU, especially when it's in the middle of nowhere, and others it's all about the town. So I just wanted to know what people thought...
justme12
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I did first year study of Politics at Northampton before dropping out, and I can say I was pleasantly surprised to find that the night life is really good. A club call Roadmender was my favourite, used to have a brilliant night on a Thursday and now has Propaganda on a Friday night. A good bar called NB's which has cheap enough food a drink, and is open late playing chart type music. Penny's pub is also quite good and is a Scream pub, good crowd in there. Plus there are a load of more 'local' type pubs which aren't bad, although sometimes (quite a lot of the time) the locals are **** and cold towards students. All in all I had the best year of my life to date during that one years study, although I did very little work and now as a result am going to uni in 2013 at the age of 23 rather than 18 lol. Wouldn't change it though!
Eamonn123
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Northampton is my home town !

The night life is decent enough, everything is close to each other which is a bonus! I'll do a run down on the best nights..

Tuesdays - Penny/Mollys/Momos for drinks then off to a club called Embargos

Wednesday's - 'Wicked Wednesdays' at Fever

Thursday - Balestra

Friday - Roadmender for Propaganda

Saturday - Start at Cordwainer/Goose/Moon and head to Bridge Street to Revs/Balloon Bar/NBs

Monday's use to be Lava & Ignite but two people died there this year so it's closed now..

NBs and Balestra and probably the most expensive places..
Tuesday's and Fridays are the best

If you have any questions about Ntown at all feel free to ask me !!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
justme12
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Eamonn123)
Northampton is my home town !

The night life is decent enough, everything is close to each other which is a bonus! I'll do a run down on the best nights..

Tuesdays - Penny/Mollys/Momos for drinks then off to a club called Embargos

Wednesday's - 'Wicked Wednesdays' at Fever

Thursday - Balestra

Friday - Roadmender for Propaganda

Saturday - Start at Cordwainer/Goose/Moon and head to Bridge Street to Revs/Balloon Bar/NBs

Monday's use to be Lava & Ignite but two people died there this year so it's closed now..

NBs and Balestra and probably the most expensive places..
Tuesday's and Fridays are the best

If you have any questions about Ntown at all feel free to ask me !!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I completely forgot about Embargos, bloody brilliant place!!! Like I said 2009 I was there for Uni then after I left I have been back regularly to visit people still at uni but never been to Balestra, any good? Not a fan of Momos but some of my friends like it. Northampton really does have a good night life, doesn't get a fair deal tbh.
x-Saffire-x
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Balestra's good on Mondays and Thursdays
Then there's Embargos on Tuesdays which I think is one of the clubs on Northampton
Wednesday nights at Fever
Friday's at the Roadmender

NB's are alright, its pretty much standard for all students
Hugs13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
The SU has great prices on drinks but not many people attended a night out there apart from during freshers and the odd Valentines, Christmas, Halloween event. Could be different this year though.
chloflorence
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
What's good on a saturday night? Looking for mainly clubs that don't play chav-tastic ****e, please and thank you!
Courtneybrown
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm off to Northampton on a Tuesday night. Where is the best place to go?xx
t.zedela
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
can you please tell me what are age restrictions in clubs/pubs? and also if they're asking ID
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (707)
33.94%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (890)
42.73%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (393)
18.87%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.46%

Watched Threads