Turn on thread page Beta

G.C.S.E science modules watch

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know what sitea to go on to help me with my science....the ones iam taking next week are year 10 modules- the human body and energy....please help

ReputationRep:
    Hi There!

First of all what is the 'Name' of your exam board (AQA, Edexcel etc

Also I am taking mine next week and would also like help LOL

Bye!

Stefan

ReputationRep:
    i think its aqa but iam not sure, what ones are you doing??

ReputationRep:
    the bbc revision sites seemed good to me

ReputationRep:
    dont ur school have software on the network to help with revision?
    they helped us a lot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dizzzzzy)
    dont ur school have software on the network to help with revision?
    they helped us a lot
    yer but i tryed to get on it but our school website bodged up and wouldnt let us on!!!!
    email me if you need to say any thing else bye!!

ReputationRep:
    www.schoolsnet.com helped me lots with mine because of the multiple choice questions.

ReputationRep:
    ure taking AQA modular, i have two retakes tommorow, earth materials and maintenance of life.

I find this site helps http://www.wpbschoolhouse.btinternet...v/AQAindex.htm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andy_)
    ure taking AQA modular, i have two retakes tommorow, earth materials and maintenance of life.

I find this site helps http://www.wpbschoolhouse.btinternet...v/AQAindex.htm
    I'm doing maintenance of life and electricity on Wednesday.

Has anyone done them? Hard?

I think electricity is very hard, especially for us girls.

ReputationRep:
    im doin electricity and earth materials next week!!

lost all my notes and never paid attention in class so have to learn the entire topics by wednesday.

FUN FUN!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemgems89)
    I'm doing maintenance of life and electricity on Wednesday.

Has anyone done them? Hard?

I think electricity is very hard, especially for us girls.
    I found electricity quite easy, theres usually a bit of maths. What i also think is good is go download some of these past papers. http://www.aqa.org.uk/qual/gcse/sci_da_m_assess.html Try one, mark it and make sure you learn from your mistakes. Then try another paper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andy_)
    I found electricity quite easy, theres usually a bit of maths. What i also think is good is go download some of these past papers. http://www.aqa.org.uk/qual/gcse/sci_da_m_assess.html Try one, mark it and make sure you learn from your mistakes. Then try another paper.
    Yeah, we get loads of past papers in school too. But my marks vary, it depends on the paper. On some I get like 31/36, which is an A. And on others I get like 26/36 which is a B. I'll just have to hope I get an easy paper.

ReputationRep:
    at my school there are past papers, but we dont get the answers. So i have to look them up to check.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andy_)
    at my school there are past papers, but we dont get the answers. So i have to look them up to check.
    Doesn't the teacher mark them?

What did you get in your electricity module?

ReputationRep:

does anyone do the edexcel exam board? i got an average of A what the other people's like?
    anyone planning to do A level maths?

ReputationRep:

As a class we usually mark them, and my teacher usually explains each question, so it takes all lesson. So i have to listen to the questions i find very easy, and she might not explain the questions i find hard as she wants to get through them.

We usually get one test marked for each module. At least by downloading them I can mark my own and look up my own mistakes. And then try another and make sure I won't make the same mistakes.

Oh also because i am resitting two modules we won't go through papers in my class, so i would have to mark it on my own anyway.

I don't know the /36 mark i get but i know my UMS mark(or at least think its my UMS mark). I got 40 where it equals an A. I would think its about 29/36.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andy_)
    As a class we usually mark them, and my teacher usually explains each question, so it takes all lesson. So i have to listen to the questions i find very easy, and she might not explain the questions i find hard as she wants to get through them.

We usually get one test marked for each module. At least by downloading them I can mark my own and look up my own mistakes. And then try another and make sure I won't make the same mistakes.

Oh also because i am resitting two modules we won't go through papers in my class, so i would have to mark it on my own anyway.

I don't know the /36 mark i get but i know my UMS mark(or at least think its my UMS mark). I got 40 where it equals an A. I would think its about 29/36.
    My average so far is 41. I hope my electrcity doesn't bring my marks down. Have you took maintenance of life?

ReputationRep:
    My average so far is 41. I hope my electrcity doesn't bring my marks down. Have you took maintenance of life?
    My average is 43. I got 39 for maintenance of life and earth materials. Resitting them both for wednesday. IF i can get two 45s my average up to 45 then i hope. So i'm revising everyday up to them now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andy_)
    My average is 43. I got 39 for maintenance of life and earth materials. Resitting them both for wednesday. IF i can get two 45s my average up to 45 then i hope. So i'm revising everyday up to them now.
    So is 45 an A*?

Yeah, I'm revising for maintenance of life. It's quite an interesting module actually. Much better than electricity. The only thing that I often get confused on is on the nervous system, about the co-ordinator. I know it's either the spinal cord or the brain but this question said a woman quickly moved her hand away when she touched something hot, so which is the co-ordinator? In the choices, it had both the spinal cord and the brain..which to chose lol? I put the spinal cord..

ReputationRep:
    Im doing aqa modular double award...i think others on here are referring to this. I have to resit my metals module only as i got 41, 43 and 25 on the first three modules we did. I got an average of just 1 mark below a B so i presume that 36 must = B grade. However they are bounded arent they and what are the tests out of anyway. cannot be 100 surely.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.