shaziaxo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Is anybody actually doing this paper? If so, what have you revised and what do you reckon will come up?
biscuitloveralex
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I am! Glad i've finally found someone else who is! Research methods, inequalities and then theory, how about you?
shaziaxo
Rep:
?
Not many people seem to be doing WJEC lol!
I'm doing research methods and inequalities too! What do you want to come up in the exam?
147madz
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Same I'm doing research and inequality, I doubt gender will come up since it came up last time.. But I'm just gonna revise everything. I revised the night before for sy3 and somehow managed to get 1 mark of an A I'm hoping I can do that again since I've got chemistry in the morning what do you think will come up in terms of research ??

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
shaziaxo
Rep:
?
(Original post by 147madz)
Same I'm doing research and inequality, I doubt gender will come up since it came up last time.. But I'm just gonna revise everything. I revised the night before for sy3 and somehow managed to get 1 mark of an A I'm hoping I can do that again since I've got chemistry in the morning what do you think will come up in terms of research ??

I was hoping for gender or ethnicity lol! Aww well done! And good luck for chem!

I have no idea what could come up, but I'm sure as hell not prepared for research!
147madz
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I literally haven't revised I feel sick every time I attempt I revise it. I hate sociology !! I think ethnicity might come up I'm doing crime and health for ethnicity. What are you doing for it ?

shaziaxo
Rep:
?
I literally haven't revised I feel sick every time I attempt I revise it. I hate sociology !! I think ethnicity might come up I'm doing crime and health for ethnicity. What are you doing for it ?

Same here! I can't wait for it to be over... I'm doing crime and education for it, I'm praying ethnicity comes up! What have you revised for the gender and class 20 markers?
147madz
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Well I've revised family and work place for gender and I haven't revised class yet but I intend to do crime and health.

biscuitloveralex
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I am stressed to the max! I think research methods will be ok as we did it at AS - designing your own research proposal does not fill me with joy though.. it's virtually impossible to revise! Inequalities i'm hoping for class / ethnicity.. but it has to be at least one of them. I'm most worried about the bloody theory question.. Weber can suck it! Can't wait for these to be over.. when do you all finish?
EmilyElectrik
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by shaziaxo)
Is anybody actually doing this paper? If so, what have you revised and what do you reckon will come up?
In January 2012, Marx explanations of ethnic inequality came up, and Functionalism. Random Sampling for Q1.

Weber and gender came up in Summer 2011

I'm defiantly predicting a Wholesome Class question
E.g. "Assess sociological explanations of class inequality"

The other one, I'm not so sure - Feminism?

My two favourite as well....

I have a clean sheet of A's so hopefully this one goes well too!
EmilyElectrik
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by biscuitloveralex)
I am stressed to the max! I think research methods will be ok as we did it at AS - designing your own research proposal does not fill me with joy though.. it's virtually impossible to revise! Inequalities i'm hoping for class / ethnicity.. but it has to be at least one of them. I'm most worried about the bloody theory question.. Weber can suck it! Can't wait for these to be over.. when do you all finish?

I devised a great way of doing the Q2 research methods

BOFSMEPAC
B = Background research "I will do this because...."
O = Operationalising Concepts
F = Sampling Frame
S = Sample technique
M = Method you will use e.g. postal questionnaires
E = Ethical implications
P = Pilot study
A = Analysis
= Continuation?

Follow this and you cant really go wrong, I did this and got 22/30 which is high for a SY4 Q2 xxx
EmilyElectrik
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

Gender came up in summer 2011, you forgot January which was Marx and ethnic inequality and functionalism. Theres a good chance Gender and class may come up!
147madz
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Thanks

EmilyElectrik
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
How did people find it?
shaziaxo
Rep:
?
(Original post by EmilyElectrik)
How did people find it?
It was alright! The research questions were nice and I did the question on gender and patriarchal societies. How did you find it?
EmilyElectrik
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by shaziaxo)
It was alright! The research questions were nice and I did the question on gender and patriarchal societies. How did you find it?
I did marxism, but it was very reasonable
Doctor who
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hey I know this is a while ago, but this paper isn't available yet and I really want to do all the past papers for my exam in January. Could you guys remember the questions that came up? Thanks
EmilyElectrik
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Doctor who)
Hey I know this is a while ago, but this paper isn't available yet and I really want to do all the past papers for my exam in January. Could you guys remember the questions that came up? Thanks
As far as I can remember
it was qualitative data, cant remember regarding what
Feminism and a empthasis on radical
Marxism

xx
isaaccole123
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Doctor who)
Hey, can you remember what came up in the January exam?
lauren-2009
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I was wondering if anyone could help me with the 16th June 2014 Sociology SY4 Understanding Social Divisions paper please?

I want to know if anyone could offer anything on structure of the answers for the questions. Its so i can improve my mark!

Thanks to all those who help in advance it will be gratefully appreciated
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (68)
62.39%
No (41)
37.61%

Watched Threads