Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

OCR GCSE Maths Unit C 13th June Watch

ReputationRep:
    So how did everyone find it?

I thought it wasn't too bad. I was expecting to see questions about sin/cosine graphs but ,luckily, it didn't come up.

What did people get for the final question? ( the algebraic fraction question)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Han456)
    So how did everyone find it?

I thought it wasn't too bad. I was expecting to see questions about sin/cosine graphs but ,luckily, it didn't come up.

What did people get for the final question? ( the algebraic fraction question)
    It was great
    What was the algebraic fraction question again?
    Oh, and how long did it take you to finish the paper?

ReputationRep:
    Can someone help me i'm a bit confused with how many marks i needed in this unit c exam for an A overall:
    I got:
    80 UMS in unit A
    84 UMS in unit B

ReputationRep:
    i think i put for the last one x squared - 5 over x squared + 6

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizz-ie)
    It was great
    I think it was...

x+5/x-2 minus x/x-3

had to explain in a fraction

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Callnew)
    Can someone help me i'm a bit confused with how many marks i needed in this unit c exam for an A overall:
    I got:
    80 UMS in unit A
    84 UMS in unit B
    On the specification, it says that for an A you need 320 UMS out of 400 ums. So in unit c you need 156 or more

ReputationRep:
    On the specification, it says that for an A you need 320 UMS out of 400 ums. So in unit c you need 156 or more
    would 156 UMS be 78/100??

ReputationRep:
    would 156 UMS be 78/100??
    Unit C is out of 200 UMS. So 156 would be between B to A

Oh sorry, did you mean marks? ( not ums) it changes every year according to the difficulty of the exam. For the unit b exam in January, it was only 38/60 for an A* and 30/60 for an A. So maybe for an A in this exam you would need 70% ish, but that's just a guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizz-ie)
    It was great
    I found that 2 hours was plenty of time! Loads of people in the exam was finished with 45 minutes to spare, even after checking our answers

Like Whoopli said: x+5/x-2 minus x/x-3 :confused:

ReputationRep:
    i ended up with 4x-15 over (x-2)(x-3) (or something) on the last question

i multiplied the denominators and numerator by opposite denominator ect to get the same denominator - i think thats what you do? then subtracted the top numbers

ReputationRep:
    I found that 2 hours was plenty of time! Loads of people in the exam was finished with 45 minutes to spare, even after checking our answers

Like Whoopli said: x+5/x-2 minus x/x-3 :confused:
    I finished after an hour and 10 minutes, I think I was the first to finish! I just looked up, and everyone including the foundation people was still writing!

And for the last question, I got 4x-15 over x^2-5x+6 :')

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam132)
    i ended up with 4x-15 over (x-2)(x-3) (or something) on the last question

i multiplied the denominators and numerator by opposite denominator ect to get the same denominator - i think thats what you do? then subtracted the top numbers
    That's what I got, apart from that I multiplied out the brackets at the bottom, I think both ways are right

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    did anyone else get £727.26 for the cost of materials for the tent?

ReputationRep:
    i sat foundation paper i thought it was okay? how did everyone else find it?

ReputationRep:
    did anyone else get £727.26 for the cost of materials for the tent?
    I can't remember exactly what I put, but I think I wrote £500 and something, but it might be wrong

ReputationRep:
    For the last question i got -15 over (x-2)(x-3) [i think] the 2x on the left was a plus because you multiply out then simplify so it made it 2x-2x so no x was there. Well thats what my teacher said afterwards

ReputationRep:
    i think for the tent question i got like £554 and did you all get £30.50 more on the interest question?

ReputationRep:
    also on the last question i got 4x-15 over (x-2) (x-3) but i also expanded the bottom brackets

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chrisy:))
    also on the last question i got 4x-15 over (x-2) (x-3) but i also expanded the bottom brackets
    Thats what I got as it was 2x -- 2x and two minuses make a plus

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chrisy:))
    i think for the tent question i got like £554 and did you all get £30.50 more on the interest question?
    I got £30.50

Poll
How are you feeling about Results Day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.