The Student Room Group

Waiting for final degree grade.

Scroll to see replies

Registered for graduation! It is scary to believe that we have all reached the end of our student years unless like me and others, have decided on a masters. It really is scary times!:colone:
Reply 41
Well done jonnythemoose!! I got a first too :smile:
Reply 42
Original post by xJessx

Congratulations, well done :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by xJessx

marvellous! gut gemacht/bien hecho :biggrin:
Reply 44
Thanks to both of you :smile:
Reply 45
Oh my god I've got first class honours. The marks were meant to be out on the 22nd. I keep re-reading the transcript. I just can't believe it! Of all of my friends I was the person least expected to get a 1st. :woo:

On to my MSc Forensic Psychology in September!!! Congrats to everyone else who's received their results and best of luck to everyone still waiting.

:woo: :dance:
Reply 46
Original post by aliluvschoc
Oh my god I've got first class honours. The marks were meant to be out on the 22nd. I keep re-reading the transcript. I just can't believe it! Of all of my friends I was the person least expected to get a 1st. :woo:

On to my MSc Forensic Psychology in September!!! Congrats to everyone else who's received their results and best of luck to everyone still waiting.

CONGRATULATIONS!! why were you so surprised? what grades were you getting?
Reply 47

What an amazing shock for you! Well done!
Reply 48
Original post by Laura1990
CONGRATULATIONS!! why were you so surprised? what grades were you getting?

Thanks!!

I was getting high 2:1s, occasionally over the boundary for a 1st but by no means all of them. Also had a 52 which I thought would bring me down further. Had two exams that went terrible but somehow I ended up with a 66 and 70 in those, god knows how!!! I'm just completely shocked. Honestly one of those exams it felt like I was in the wrong exam hall. I even thought I'd failed my dissertation :facepalm: Got 72 in that.

I'm just a catastrophiser it's true!! Just stunned.

Original post by amizzle91
What an amazing shock for you! Well done!

Thank you! so happy!
Reply 49
And Amizzle91, good luck tomorrow!! ur lucky u get urs early. i get mine at 2 :frown:
what grades have you been getting? and what are you expecting?
Reply 50
Man I'm hoping simply for a 2:1 overall after this year.

Second year I was silly:
My revision technique was terrible, was focusing primarily on textbooks when I should've based thoroughly on lecture notes and supplemented with textbook. I obtained 2:1s and firsts in my coursework marks etc but come exams, I flopped to a 51% :frown:

(Most of the modules were 30% coursework 70% for exam)

Third year - F'in put the work in (need to get an average of 65%):
I took a risk and took a 100% coursework module (split two coursework assignments over a term) - which everyone was saying people tend to end up with 50s in the module. However I obtained 78% overall

Coursework marks for all the modules again have been 1st or 2:1s - I sorted out my revision technique was able to retain everything for the exam plus supplementary extra reading info just need to see how this go now.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 51
I got a 2:1 overall :smile:

Really happy, I was expecting a 2:2, so a 2:1 is just yay!

Serious congratulations to everyone again, and good luck to those still waiting! It's torturous, I know, so I hope it goes quickly for you :smile:
Original post by amizzle91
I got a 2:1 overall :smile:

Really happy, I was expecting a 2:2, so a 2:1 is just yay!

Serious congratulations to everyone again, and good luck to those still waiting! It's torturous, I know, so I hope it goes quickly for you :smile:

yay! Congrats :smile: have a super day! Bet you are majorly relieved now that you know!
Results tomorrow, can't wait. :biggrin:
Reply 54
Original post by wanderlust.xx
Results tomorrow, can't wait. :biggrin:

Good luck!

Wishing you all the best :smile:
Reply 55
2:30 pm today..... the minutes are going soo slowly!
Reply 56

:bumps:

All the very best for the future! :biggrin:
Honestly I can't help but feel that regardless of the classification I get, a lot of finding the career that's right for you is simply down to luck. I've known plenty of people who have simply ****ed about, dropped out of their education and ended up in a career they were passionate about and lived perfectly happy lives.

Makes me feel like all the hard work I put into my degree would have been of better use simply dossing about playing video games for 3 years and drudging through menial jobs until I found one I liked enough to keep. Seemed to work for all the dropouts.

I can't tell you all how much I hate my parents, teachers and any other authority figure from my childhood for telling me to 'get an education'. Funnily enough, I don't recall ever being given a reason.

(It's funny, people will instantly have a negative reaction to this post because it completely undermines years and years of painstaking devotion. At the end of the day, you can't live off passion alone. You need an income to go with it.)
(edited 11 years ago)
I got my results last week but we get our official classification by end of the month. Just doing some work experience with my supervisor.

Got a 2:1 roughly just waiting for it to be true :smile:
Grades are in my profile

Im dreading not going back to uni I struggled through it but I absolutly loved it
(edited 11 years ago)
Well done guys, some fantastic results!

We get our results on Friday and I am VERY nervous!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending