The Student Room Group

Waiting for final degree grade.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by petzneo
Thank you! Hopefully we shall be hearing some happy news for you too!

Finally got my grade today, post-viva, and I got a first too :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 121
Original post by manupalace

WELL DONE!!! How was the viva? :grin:

AWESOME, please change your signature :biggrin:
Original post by petzneo
WELL DONE!!! How was the viva? :grin:

Thanks:biggrin: It was the worst academic grilling I have ever had!! But strangely enjoyable. The external examiner (from Medway SOP) did all the asking and pushed me to the limits of my knowledge. This happened with everyone (or most people anyway) and meant no one left feeling hugely confident.

We are the last year to have them at UCLSOP, I've gone from envying future 4th years to feeling sorry for them.

Original post by Nasher and Basher

Will do :biggrin:
Original post by Nasher and Basher

Done as requested :biggrin:
Done as requested :biggrin:

:blush: Thank you
Reply 126
congratulations to you all.... I gained a first!!!! :yes:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9000
Original post by lowe28
congratulations to you all.... I gained a first!!!! :yes:

Huge, huge congratulations! I got a 2:1 but it feels like an age ago my result was announced!
Reply 128
Original post by rockrunride
Huge, huge congratulations! I got a 2:1 but it feels like an age ago my result was announced!

thankyou, many congratulations to you!! what are your plans now you have finished your degree?

Original post by lowe28
thankyou, many congratulations to you!! what are your plans now you have finished your degree?

Employment, if I can find any. So desperate to get back to London that I'll clean toilets for £20k if I'm made to!
Reply 130
Thanks:biggrin: It was the worst academic grilling I have ever had!! But strangely enjoyable. The external examiner (from Medway SOP) did all the asking and pushed me to the limits of my knowledge. This happened with everyone (or most people anyway) and meant no one left feeling hugely confident.

We are the last year to have them at UCLSOP, I've gone from envying future 4th years to feeling sorry for them.

Out of curiosity, who was the external examiner from Medway? I know Medways external examiner is the professor @ UEA's pharmacy school and he funnily enough sat in on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th year dispensing exams. Heard the UEA guy was nice to 2nd years and grilling the 3rd and 4th years.
Original post by forceps
Out of curiosity, who was the external examiner from Medway? I know Medways external examiner is the professor @ UEA's pharmacy school and he funnily enough sat in on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th year dispensing exams. Heard the UEA guy was nice to 2nd years and grilling the 3rd and 4th years.

It was this guy: http://www.msp.ac.uk/about/staff/alistair-mathie.html

I know one of our profs was on the exam board for somewhere else, think it was UEA. I guess they like to keep things consistent across the UK SOPs, makes sense, I heard I did well (my personal tutor was on the exam board) so I like to think that's why he grilled me (or maybe my ego is just spiralling out of control :biggrin::tongue:)
:woohoo:
Well done everyone! Good luck for Masters or careers next....
Reply 133
It was this guy: http://www.msp.ac.uk/about/staff/alistair-mathie.html

I know one of our profs was on the exam board for somewhere else, think it was UEA. I guess they like to keep things consistent across the UK SOPs, makes sense, I heard I did well (my personal tutor was on the exam board) so I like to think that's why he grilled me (or maybe my ego is just spiralling out of control :biggrin::tongue:)

Not the dude I was expecting (chuckles). That said mathie is a good lecturer and his project students generally do well. slight problem is that he's a harsh marker for 3rd years.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending