The Student Room Group

Muslims Slaughter Convert to Christianity in Tunisia.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Religion is evil.
Reply 41
Original post by Publius
Religion is evil.

Correction, islam is evil. Killing apostates is justified in islam so technically what those wahabis are doing is pleasing to allah.

Posted via TSR iPhone App
Reply 42
Original post by .eXe
Correction, islam is evil. Killing apostates is justified in islam so technically what those wahabis are doing is pleasing to allah.

When people say "well Judasim and Christianity are just as bad", that grinds my gears, for a start, there is no punishment for leaving a religion (Chrisitians believe you never truely leave), and the free movement of religion is a fine with even Orthodox Jews.

Christianity basically sucked for most of the crusades and from Jesus death to around 300 years ago, now the main Christian nations are the most liberal. Islam had its crusades aswell, we are also never told about Arab Slavely of Black Africans (which far exceeds european and American).

The point is the majority of the killings, oppression and outright backwardness is coming from the Islamic world, and suggest this is Islamophobia, racism or "well christianity blah blah" is a debate killing technique, as if Islam doesn't have enough debate killing anyway.

My criticism of Islam is rational, not irrational, so I don't have a phobia, Muslims aren't a race, and we are talking about the present day, talking about Christianities past or some crazed evangelical nutter in Arkensaw who kills two gay people or blows up an abortion clinic is, frankly, apology for Islam.

A quick trip to opinion polls shows it all, the quality of life, equality of individuals, freedom of expression, art, speach, politics, economy and life ... sectarian violence etc etc.
Reply 43
The only reason things are better here is because the Christians lost their grip on power, nothing to do with the fact that people over here are Christians and people of there are Muslims; in our society the religious have been steadily losing their influence for hundreds of years.
Reply 44
Original post by .eXe

No it's not...

As i've told you over and over again.
Don't you ever learn? lol
Reply 45
Original post by killa78
No it's not...

As i've told you over and over again.
Don't you ever learn? lol

Lol you must be a terrible teacher then.

Also, go read your prophet's hadiths before you come and try to "tell me over and over again".

Reply 46
Original post by Publius
The only reason things are better here is because the Christians lost their grip on power, nothing to do with the fact that people over here are Christians and people of there are Muslims; in our society the religious have been steadily losing their influence for hundreds of years.

This thread is about christians getting persecuted at the hands of islam. Stay on topic.

Original post by .eXe
This thread is about christians getting persecuted at the hands of islam. Stay on topic.

It is an ongoing problem.
Google "Christians being persecuted in" and add the name of practically any Islamic dominated country you could think of and you will see plenty of proof.
Maybe part of the problem is that if you tell a bully that if they hit you, you will turn the other cheek, they are hardly likely to mend their ways.
Reply 48
Original post by Ray Bradbury
Google "Christians being persecuted in" and add the name of practically any Islamic dominated country you could think of and you will see plenty of proof.
Maybe part of the problem is that if you tell a bully that if they hit you, you will turn the other cheek, they are hardly likely to mend their ways.

So that makes it Christianity's fault? It seems thats what you are insinuating, which i find quite ridiculous.

According to you, Christians shouldn't be turning the other cheek? How would you rather have us respond?

Original post by harrath
I feel a big factor being ignored here is that the vast majority of Muslims would strongly appose the actions of the men in the video, and one must remember that within every religion there are people who are good and people who are bad. In July of last year a man who reportedly called himself a 'Christian crusader' killed 77 people in Norway however i would not dare to say Christianity is a religion of terrorism. I feel watching a video of a Muslim kill someone does not support your claim that Islam is a religion with 'cancerous ideas'.

To be fair, the Anders Breivik murdered future politics as he opposed their view… not necessarily in the name of Christ...
Reply 50
Original post by Ray Bradbury

That's just saying "Christians, fight Muslims". We got a stirrer on the forums...
Original post by .eXe
So that makes it Christianity's fault? It seems thats what you are insinuating, which i find quite ridiculous.

According to you, Christians shouldn't be turning the other cheek? How would you rather have us respond?

No, I'm not. I am saying that people should only stand there and take so much as it only encourages the bully to keep going.

I assume you like me are sitting nice and safe here in the uk.
perhaps if we had been through what Ayo Oritsejafor and many of his friends had been through we would look at it differently. See below.

The head of the Nigerian Christian community has issued a final warning call to the government urging the country’s leadership to use all necessary means to halt protracted violence against Christians in the country.

“I will now make a final call to the Nigerian government to use all resources available to it to clearly define and neutralize the problem as other nations have done,” Ayo Oritsejafor, told reporters Wednesday, according to the AFP.

“The church leadership has hitherto put great restraint on the restive and aggrieved millions of Nigerians, but can no longer guarantee such cooperation if this trend of terror is not halted immediately,” the leader of the Christian Association of Nigeria added.

The call from Oritsejafor came only days after two gunmen stormed church services at Bayero University in the city of Kano leaving 19 people dead. The same day, four other people were killed as they left a church in the northeastern city of Maiduguri. No one has claimed responsibility for the attacks but many point to the Islamist militant group Boko Harm as the likely perpetrators of the violence.

Christians in the country have been subject to scores of attacks including Christmas and Easter day bombings that left dozens of worshippers dead.

Wednesday’s final call on Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathon and his government to take significant steps forward to halt the attacks could signal a turning point in the response to violence in the country
Reply 52
Wahabii's are not muslims - they twist and change the rules of islam - go do your research before jumping to conclusions
Reply 53
It's a shame that people can be so weak or vulnerable that they are indoctrinated to such an extent - by anything, let alone religion. Although it (religion) is a significant perpetrator of indoctrination.

This problem is by no means specific to Islam, although we seem to see much more evidence of it here in the West (whether that's deliberate or a true indication of what's going on, who knows).

There should be no doubt that religion is used widely as a means for control. In a similar way that ideology works, religion permeates into so many different facets of life. Religion seems to dictate interests and decision making quite significantly to the extent where people live their daily lives based on what was written or interpretations of what was written thousands of years ago. It takes a certain degree of indoctrination to eliminate the innate human instinct to ask 'why?'.

Those in the video committing that abhorrent atrocity must have had an absolute conviction that they were acting correctly. Where does that conviction come from? I'm not an expert on Islam by any means but I doubt that mainstream teachings advocate the ritualised killings of apostates. Correct me if I'm wrong.

It seems that religion isn't necessarily the whole problem. It's the people who use it. Even democracy can be twisted in the favour of tyranny and oppression as Aristotle and Plato knew. Unlike democratic states, religion isn't regulated by instruments designed to limit control - they're regulated by writings and preaching which, it seems to me, that are designed to extend control and to 'reach out' to people. Islam's somewhat 'forceful' stance against apostates is indicative of a religion which demands the devotion and control over one's life. Where is your freedom of choice? It's a mechanism that seems inherently designed to keep control and mobilize support.

I'd like to hear what other people think about religion and indoctrination. I'm speaking from the perspective of someone with no real religious alignment but clearly coming from the standpoint of individual intellectual autonomy.
Reply 54
Original post by Blackburn_Allen
How can people not see that religion is evil? How can you not see? Are so blind that you cannot see what is directly in front of you? Are you so blind that, in order for you to see, more have to die? Don't sit there and try and justify the deaths of millions upon millions of people by saying they have a right to believe. Don't even begin to say that religion brings morality. Religion brings death, religion brings destruction; religion brings no good. This is just another story that will go under the theist carpet. Another life that means nothing because it is a supposed minority.

Anyone that defends religion is just as evil as the people that committed this atrocity. I do not hate you, I don't feel nothing for you - only pity. I pity you because I know that you are just another person that has fell victim to an age old institution, built by indoctrination and governed by fear. An institution that by its very nature makes you submit your own "God-given" freedom.

And for all those that want to try and bring up how religion is peaceful I say this to you: the swastika was once a symbol of peace. There can be no peace with something that brings so much death.

everyone has the freedom to believe what they want, you are merely generalising to a whole religion. it seems that you have magnified the negatives of religion and do not see that religion has helped many. I defend my religion but that does not make me evil, i love everyone and respect everyone's view as this is partly what religion has taught me. those murders are individuals and therefore that is due to their personality not religion. you seem so drowned in your atheist beliefs that this has made you feel hatred for religion- just because you cant accept it don't judge others on their beliefs and tell them they're evil for believing in religion. i believe in god and i don't need proof because its a 'belief' my darling- don't judge others from your minimal knowledge and hatred
That is now THE sickest thing I have ever seen.
(And I have seen a lot of horrible things)

Damn you Martyn* :colonhash:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 56
Wow just saw the video. I am actually speechless and this is one of the rare times I actually have shivers down my spine. It's incredible how much horror human beings are capable of.
This is heart breaking ,poor guy :frown:
It's really sad too see this !Why why why ?how could any one do this ?? wtf this is soo messed up ,i feel like crying !!
Original post by .eXe
Wow just saw the video. I am actually speechless and this is one of the rare times I actually have shivers down my spine. It's incredible how much horror human beings are capable of.

I agree :frown: it left me in tears !!
the guy was strong though he didn't shout or say anything ,if i was him i would do anything just to get out from the hands of these animals .
Reply 59
2:114 Hence, who could be more wicked than those who bar the mention of God's name from [any of]His houses of worship and strive for their ruin, [although] they have no right to enter them savein fear [of God]? For them, in this world, there is ignominy in store; and for them, in the life to come, awesome suffering.

It is one of the fundamental principles of Islam that every religion which has belief in God as its focal point must be accorded full respect, however much one may disagree with its particular tenets. Thus, the Muslims are under an obligation to honour and protect any house of worship dedicated to God, whether it be a mosque or a church or a synagogue and any attempt to prevent the followers of another faith from worshipping God according to their own lights is condemned by the Qur'an as a sacrilege. A striking illustration of this principle is forthcoming from the Prophet's treatment of the deputation from Christian hijran in the year 10 H. They were given free access to the Prophet's mosque, and with his full consent celebrated their religious rites there, although their adoration of Jesus as "the son of God" and of Mary as "the mother of God" was fundamentally at variance with Islamic beliefs.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending