Turn on thread page Beta

how do u type watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    ive got into the habit of typing just with one finger and i can type fast. however i cannot use two hands or more than one finger. is any1 else like this :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    i use the index finger on both hands and can type quite fast, i somtimes use the next finger but not often, i can even do it without looking at the keyboard

ReputationRep:
    Both index fingers and right thumb for spacebar. I'm very fast, considering.

ReputationRep:
    i use index fingers and thumb 4 space i'm pretty fast i reckon

ReputationRep:
    first to fingers on each hand and no thumbs. i do it dead wuick tho and often spell words wrong... eek

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    i use index fingers and thumb 4 space i'm pretty fast i reckon
    How spookily similar to my answer is that :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XTinaA)

ooooh a spirital foruminised connection!!! *cue spooky music*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XTinaA)
    we have so much in common :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I type with whatever finger is nearest to the key I want to use, and thumbs for space bar. And really fast. Well, not at the moment because I am on a different computer, and the keyboard is really weird :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    ive got into the habit of typing just with one finger and i can type fast. however i cannot use two hands or more than one finger. is any1 else like this :rolleyes:
    I used to type using just one finger, then one finger on each hand, and now using pretty much all my fingers. I even find myself using the "home" keys just totally naturally.

ReputationRep:
    i use the standard method, but if i write realy quickly (without looking) i just make loadsa mistakes

ReputationRep:
    I touch type which probably partyle explains my high post counts, it takes me like 10 seconds to write this.

ReputationRep:
    I type with both hands and I don't look at the keyboard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    i use the standard method, but if i write realy quickly (without looking) i just make loadsa mistakes
    Some people can type without looking at the keyboard? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    Some people can typr without looking at the keyboard? :confused:
    i can type without looking, but if i need to type quickly, i have to look.

ReputationRep:
    i type with my left hand and use my right for other forms of entertainment

ReputationRep:
    When I type, I don't even look. I instictively know where the buttons are. Quite sad really, I need to get out more.

ReputationRep:
    This gave me an idea. Try taking this typing test and let's compare the results:

http://www.typingtest.com/

I had it set on 2 minutes with the Huckleberry Finn test. I got 59 words per minute.

Click on the image to have a look:
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    You just need to practice. I used to be like that but now I can touch type. If you type a lot you will learn to recognise where the keys are with your fingers. Or there's always those typing programs you can get on the computer.

ReputationRep:
    30 words a minute (1 mintue, the Huckleberry Finn test).

But it's so much quicker and easier to type when you have in your head what you want to type. I found it hard having to look up at the test all the time to see what to type, and then get it accurate. Apparently if I doubled my speed I could save 41 minutes per day...

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.