Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    90 wpm huckleberry 1 min

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    90 wpm huckleberry 1 min
    75wpm Huckleberry 2min

But correcting a couple of mistakes to get 98% accuracy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XTinaA)
    30 words a minute (1 mintue, the Huckleberry Finn test).

But it's so much quicker and easier to type when you have in your head what you want to type. I found it hard having to look up at the test all the time to see what to type, and then get it accurate. Apparently if I doubled my speed I could save 41 minutes per day...
    i got a few errors on that because of the punctuation, you dont use it that much on UKL

ReputationRep:
    I'm a typing machine, few years ago decided to learn where all the keys were without looking and proper typing technique. I reckon a few months or hard work has given me a useful skill as i will be typing alot in the future.

i got gross speed: 69 wpm and net 64 wpm on that test.

ReputationRep:
    62 WPM on 2 minutes Huckleberry Finn.

ReputationRep:
    I can do about 40 wrds per minute but I have only just started touch-typing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    I touch type which probably partyle explains my high post counts, it takes me like 10 seconds to write this.
    10 seconds is a long time to write that if you touch type.

ReputationRep:
    I can touch type now, after 7 and half years of computers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dickie)
    10 seconds is a long time to write that if you touch type.
    Actually his wpm is 120 if what he says is exactly true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jammyd)
    I can touch type now, after 7 and half years of computers
    I can almost do it. I'm a pretty fast typer and i only use two fingers (both my index).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaft)
    Actually his wpm is 120 if what he says is exactly true.
    yeah, but, um.. shush!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waiting2smile)
    I can almost do it. I'm a pretty fast typer and i only use two fingers (both my index).
    Try and use more fingers - RSI will beckon.

ReputationRep:
    My mother forced me to learn to touch-type over a summer holiday when I was about twelve. I found it really boring at the time but now I am glad she did, because I can type as fast as a professional typist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexander)
    My mother forced me to learn to touch-type over a summer holiday when I was about twelve. I found it really boring at the time but now I am glad she did, because I can type as fast as a professional typist.
    ive not been tought how to type, but i do so much of it anyway that I do seem to have picked up a quasi touch-type way of typing. I dont put my fingers on the keyboard's nipples (the little lines on the F and J keys), but just hover my fingers over the keyboard, and know where to hit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jammyd)
    Try and use more fingers - RSI will beckon.
    For some reason i can't. It's a habit i don't think i'll be able to break.

ReputationRep:
    I usually type with two hands, using my left for the left side of the keyboard and the right for the right.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not really sure how I type, I usually don't look at the keyboard and use most of my fingers but don't use a thumb for the spacebar !

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.