Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    can anyone tell me what to do?

i am working on my history a2 coursework and i have had it checked by my teacher several times and each time i have reworked the essay according to the comments that he has made. b4 half term
    he wrote on my essay that he felt it was a high B bordering on an A but i just needed to reduce the word count by about 50 words. i have done that and resubmitted it and he has returned it to me and said that he had made a mistake and hadnt read it fully the last time and that the essay in fact is only a low level C. i am absolutely gutted because i was over the moon with the original assesment and also dont feel that i could possibly do anything to improve it and also every time i submit it, he comments on something else! to confuse matters even more i have a hisory tutor who has looked at it for me and said that in his opinion the essay was good and worth at least a B grade at the lowest. He also said that he is very surprised that my teacher has changed his mind and considers it to be unprofessional. My tutor has said that he cannot see anything wrong with my essay and that i have had to change the essay so many times to accomodate my teacher that he feels that whatever i write will be wrong. i am so disillusioned because i was on top of the world when he gave me the original assesment and now i feel i have been kicked in the teeth and i no longer have any confidence that i am able to do this piece of work to the grade that i require. overall i need to get a B to get my university and i only got a C at As level (i'm resitting one module in june) and i feel like i've failed b4 i've even sat my A2 exams. What shall i do? My parents are furious but are reluctant to go and see the teacher with their concerns because they are worried that the teacher might drop my grade even further if he feels that his judgement is being questioned. i know that the essay will go for moderation but my teacher has already told me that its very rare that marks/grades are altered but having said that my english coursework last year was raised from a C to a B by the moderators. any ideas anyone as to what if anything that i can do?

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.