ladies, where do you buy your sportswear? Watch

itzme
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
i need something that look nice, is durable and comfortable. What do you suggest?

Thanks.
Bellissima
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
i'm a cheapskate, sports direct and i even have 2 tank tops from primark... they are the best primark stuff i've ever bought from like 2 years ago...

but sports direct is good. sports bra = M&S.
Terpsikhore
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Sweatshop in Manchester Arndale/Bluewater.

Sweatshop used to be 'SheRunsHeRuns', and they gave me such fantastic advice on sports bras and shoes that I feel indebted to them forever now. Horror of horrors, their staff seem to know what they're talking about!

I also have a retail village near me, and their Reebok outlet shop has proven invaluable for basics like capris and tank tops. Not sure I'd ever pay RRP for them, though.
007Shella
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Decathlon or Sweaty betty
007Shella
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Bellissima)
i'm a cheapskate, sports direct and i even have 2 tank tops from primark... they are the best primark stuff i've ever bought from like 2 years ago...

I have to agree M&S have good sports bras
Storm_Trooper
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
My gym outfit consists of Hollister hot pants (probably not worth investing in, I only stole mine from my sister), an Aerie sports bra (comfiest thing I've ever owned and the envy of my gym buddies) and then the cheapest pair of trainers I could find in Sports Direct which seem to do the job! Definitely recommend Aerie for sports bras, super comfy and actually really nice looking and flattering, which you can't say for most sports bras!
Siggles
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

M&S do the most comfortable sports bras ever. Their range is insane, and they are the snuggest fit I've found.

I buy sports bras, fleeces and hoodies from M&S. I love Hollister and A&F sweatpants but they're useless if you're going outside and it's slightly damp out. Canterbury tracksuit bottoms are great when it's wet out and there are some awesome pink or blue variations of them, Canterbury also do some very warm, heavy hoodies that are great when it's cold out.
I've found TK Maxx to have a decent sportswear range when it comes to tshirts/tops and shorts.
Nike do the nicest/most comfortable runners and their light weight tracksuit pants are quite flattering. Adidas has a good selection of coloured tops that aren't covered in cheesy slogans like with Nike. For Nike and Adidas products I'd just go to their website or your local sports shop, I have a Nike outlet store near me and you get some fantastic deals in there.
barkyface
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

I'm also very cheap. Most my tops come from Primark men's section, and my shorts from sports direct or Decathlon, men's again, but that's because I find a lot of women's sportswear is too skimpy for me to feel comfortable in.

I have a beauty of a panache sports bra which was from Bravissimo, I love it and would recommend it to any bustier girl who wants to run ad be able to forget they have boobs. And another one from some local lingerie shop, but that cost £44 and I'm unconvinced it's worth it.

I'd rather spend more on trainers and sports bras simply because I believe other items don't need to be of the same quality
fitblr+themachine
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
JJB, Sports Direct and TK Maxx.

Don't see the point in spending loads of money on workout clothes like shorts and t-shirts and stuff. I spend a bit more on sports bras and trainers but that's it Normal bras are usually fine for weight lifting though.
ArchiDroid
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Bras from M&S. Lycra capris and racer back vests from TK Maxx. Still wear my uni/school hoodies. Can't stand spending loads of money on gym stuff as they're in the wash as often as they're being worn(out)!! ^_^
snapper1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Sports gear = Sports Direct. Mainly the puma stuff as it fits well and is reasonably priced. And when it's sale time I sometimes go mental and take a look in JD sports.

Sports bra = Not needed due to owning two misquito bite bosoms.
PoppyP
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I found some nice stuff at http://www.lioness-sport.co.uk, cheap as well.
LJ
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I really like the Karrimor range of running/sportswear that you can get for cheap in sportsdirect. No need to spend lots of money on expensive gear when you can buy great products at lower prices. If you do want something a bit more 'up market' have a look at Sweaty Betty
MidnightDream
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Sports Direct usually sometimes Primark, I'm a proper cheapskate when it comes to sports wear
member403966
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Sports bras from M&S but all other items from Sports Direct. I bought my first pair of running shoes from Sports Direct, an Adidas pair. I really don't care about what I'm wearing for a run lol.
sasunerd
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
JD usually if not Sports Direct.
the-black-lotus
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Sports direct
ImagineCats
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Debenham's sales
Starrydog
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by itzme)
i need something that look nice, is durable and comfortable. What do you suggest?

Thanks.
I buy brands such as Nike at a discount from sports direct
sasunerd
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Starrydog)
I buy brands such as Nike at a discount from sports direct
I swear they're still damn expensive even when on sale or at discount. ): Suuuuuucks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (17)
34.69%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (14)
28.57%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (9)
18.37%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (4)
8.16%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (5)
10.2%

Watched Threads