Which is better....Boots opticians or Specsavers? Watch

TheEnigmaUK
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I am currently with Boots, but I think Specsavers have a better range of glasses. I was looking into getting another pair of glasses, but Boots' glasses range are pretty standard to be fair. I then compared them to Specsavers glasses range, and specsavers s**t on them for range of glasses to choose from. But overall, I've had no problems with Boots opticians. I pay £10 a month for 3 monthly contact lenses, but I'm wondering if Specsavers are any cheaper.

Is anyone here with Specsavers, and if so, how do you find them?
minniiee
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
i switched from boots to specsavers and the promptly switch back
the service was awful!
we (my whole fam wears glasses) had problems more than once
jaydemikaela
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I've been with Specsavers for years and never had any problems. I pay £15 a month for daily disposable contacts. Also if you're on the lensmail scheme you now get free contact lense checks, free eye checks and money off of glasses.

http://www.specsavers.co.uk/offers/f...ontact-lenses/

http://www.specsavers.co.uk/offers/students/
foldingstars45
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by jaydemikaela)
I've been with Specsavers for years and never had any problems. I pay £15 a month for daily disposable contacts. Also if you're on the lensmail scheme you now get free contact lense checks, free eye checks and money off of glasses.

This. Also, Specsavers have a much larger choice on glasses!!
TheEnigmaUK
Rep:
?

Well I pay £10 a month for my contact lenses and they seem to be fine. But do you think Specsavers would reduce their price on contacts for me?
jaydemikaela
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by TheEnigmaUK)
Well I pay £10 a month for my contact lenses and they seem to be fine. But do you think Specsavers would reduce their price on contacts for me?
I doubt it but the monthly ones may be cheaper I suppose. I've only ever had dailies.
TheEnigmaUK
Rep:
?
I doubt it but the monthly ones may be cheaper I suppose. I've only ever had dailies.
How many daily lenses do you get in one go? E.g. a week's worth, a month's worth etc.
jaydemikaela
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
How many daily lenses do you get in one go? E.g. a week's worth, a month's worth etc.
You get three months worth.
roseroserose.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Specsavers! But I'm highly biased as my sister is an optician there, and because of NHS vouchers there's loads of glasses to choose from & cheaply
username208984
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Specsavers are excellent imo in every regard, been a customer since 1997 and literally never had a single issue
roseroserose.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
ALSO an optician man in Specsavers tried to put a contact lense in my eye, but my reflex meant that I hit him by accident. He was very nice about it. Bonus point to Specsavers
Specsspecs
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I reccomend that you have an eye test in boots and get your glasses from specsavers with your NHS voucher if you have one. My first three eye tests were with boots and it went very well but I never had an eye test with specsavers. I recently bought designer glasses from boots and it looks more stylish and more famous. Next time, I am going to have an eye test with specsavers just to check if its good. Both opticians have friendly staff but in my opinion, specsavers has a more professional staff.
NutE
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm with specsavers and they're pretty good. Never tried boots

Posted from TSR Mobile
craner1.kc1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Boots and Specsavers are both Franchises so are run by local opticians who have a financial interest in providing a good service just as the independent practicianers do . So one practice may not provide the same or as good a service as another . So the whole company cannot be looked at as one.
Anonymous #1
Report 2 weeks ago
I am currently with Boots, but I think Specsavers have a better range of glasses. I was looking into getting another pair of glasses, but Boots' glasses range are pretty standard to be fair. I then compared them to Specsavers glasses range, and specsavers s**t on them for range of glasses to choose from. But overall, I've had no problems with Boots opticians. I pay £10 a month for 3 monthly contact lenses, but I'm wondering if Specsavers are any cheaper.

Is anyone here with Specsavers, and if so, how do you find them?
definitely specsavers opticians fantastic range just got my new glasses.. new range of Marc Jacobs, Kenzo, decent pricing
Sammylou40
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
definitely specsavers opticians fantastic range just got my new glasses.. new range of Marc Jacobs, Kenzo, decent pricing
Why on Earth have you bumped such an old thread
Anonymous #1
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Sammylou40)
Why on Earth have you bumped such an old thread
sorry new user didnt relize it was so old
NJA
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Name:  specs.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  51.4 KB
NJA
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
need to check your eyesight
Sammylou40
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Don’t worry
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (497)
59.81%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.17%
No- I want it (235)
28.28%
No- I don't want it (56)
6.74%

Watched Threads