The Student Room Group

Smelly people

Smelly people really disgust me. It's not that hard to take a shower.

How do I make those around me take care of themselves properly? I can't just tell them.
I understand you completely.
And I'm too shy to even give subtle hints to people saying that they need deodorant or even better, a shower.

Sometimes I even want to take a bag full of deodorant sprays and sticks and throw them at people!
Reply 2
If you get on well with the person, then tell them. Most people I know would rather be told, especially by a good friend, so they can do something about it. And even if not, they'll be embarassed about it and will porobably change nayway.
I know man i share these sentiments. On the bus my nostrils are often viciously assualted by fragrances made by 'eau du poo' and it pisses me off. It's like, either have a shower OR just go into boots and spray the tester fragrances ALL over you, it's legal and the workers at boots would be more than welcome to oblige and do their bit for humanity.
Reply 4
At my school there used to be this kid who stank of BO, though aparently he had overactive sweatglands :/ One day som1 gave him some deodrant but it only worked for like the first hour.

Moral of the story - Some people cant help being "Smelly"
Reply 5
Original post by Happy-Turtle
I understand you completely.
And I'm too shy to even give subtle hints to people saying that they need deodorant or even better, a shower.

Sometimes I even want to take a bag full of deodorant sprays and sticks and throw them at people!

Original post by tory88
If you get on well with the person, then tell them. Most people I know would rather be told, especially by a good friend, so they can do something about it. And even if not, they'll be embarassed about it and will porobably change nayway.

Original post by The Dufmeister

How do I make those around me take care of themselves properly? I can't just tell them.

I always wear tonnes of deodorant each day, often right guard anti perspirant, burberry aftershave, Joop, 24/7, calvin klein.

I always like to smell lovely but it costs me a bomb.
Sneak up on them from behind and spray ;D

a dirty solution for dirty people.
Reply 7
People who smell are often a) homeless or b) have crippling medical conditions. Don't be so harsh.
Reply 8
Original post by The Dufmeister

well am afraid you have to tell them, honesty is best than ignoring it
Reply 9
I wonder if they know, but can't do much about it.
Reply 10
lol I bet you smell and you don't even know it.
You'd only know if someone told you.

'I can't just tell them'
Yes you can. It's better than making a thread about it.
Your attitude towards this is a bit silly. You are disgusted by smelly people yet you won't help to get rid of the problem?

I await the negs for being honest.
Original post by Muffinz
People who smell are often a) homeless or b) have crippling medical conditions. Don't be so harsh.

To be fair all it would take is a quick stroll into a boots or superdrug and spraying the fragrance on themselves to eradicate this problem for homeless people. If they're cognizant enough to beg for money to any person that passes their way, then they have the capacity to take a quick stroll into one of these shops and click the spray once or 50 times. They must be aware that they smell and they should also know that if they did decide to spray themselves, they're more likely to get donations from the people who refused to even stand in their vicinity before because of how they smelt.

And if people do have medical conditions causing a bad smell, then that's sad and i feel bad for them. But you can't really assume that this is the case when you so often see people who smell with unkempt hair and yellow teeth, which indicates that it is actually a lack of hygeine causing the problem, not a crippling medical condition.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending