Turn on thread page Beta

What should happen to Ian Huntley? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    As unpopular as this oppinion is I know, I don't believe he should be executed or locked in a tiny room etc because to be fair there are so many people in prison who have killed two people which is what he did in the end. Yes they were two younge girls and it is a very emotive issue and I think he should be in prison for his whole life but at the end of the day how is what he did any different to any other person who killed two people. If you were going to kill him you would have to kill everyone who in the eyes of the law has comitted the same crime.
    I agree with you there. It's the medias fault for giving publicity to certain cases when really a death is a deathand if people think Huntley should be hung then so should all the other killers.

He should be punished for what he has done. He has messed so many lives up, not just the young girls family and friends but the other young girls who were asosciated with him. He's locked away now and wont be able to do it again, I see that spending your whole life in jail as good enough punishment. However prevention of crimes really needs to be sorted and then we wont have to think of such bad punishments. But I suppose you could say without harsher punishment, bad crimes will only increase.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    As unpopular as this oppinion is I know, I don't believe he should be executed or locked in a tiny room etc because to be fair there are so many people in prison who have killed two people which is what he did in the end. Yes they were two younge girls and it is a very emotive issue and I think he should be in prison for his whole life but at the end of the day how is what he did any different to any other person who killed two people. If you were going to kill him you would have to kill everyone who in the eyes of the law has comitted the same crime. .
    And that would be wrong because?...........

ReputationRep:
    Ian Huntley will not last his full jail sentence. He will either kill himself, go insane of be killed by fellow prisoners. He is a peadophile and a child killer, that is the lowest of the low in prison - even criminals have standards.

I beleive he is in solitary confinement, as was Shipman, but he went slightly unhinged and ended up being so unruly he had all priveleges i.e. tv, nice meals) taken away from him, he promptly killed himself.

I do not think that we should kill anyone else as a form of punishment as then we are no better than the perpitrator.

ReputationRep:
    Just a small point, this week my dad who is self employed had an operation and had to go on sick, he has been given the grand total of £2 a day to live off whilst he is off work - he is a law abiding, tax paying citizen. Compare this to the amount it is costing the tax payer to keep Huntley in prison. FAIR? I think not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    Just a small point, this week my dad who is self employed had an operation and had to go on sick, he has been given the grand total of £2 a day to live off whilst he is off work - he is a law abiding, tax paying citizen. Compare this to the amount it is costing the tax payer to keep Huntley in prison. FAIR? I think not.
    I agree that the costs to keep people in prison are ridiculously high; I believe its something ike £23,000, that is including food, heating, guards wages, counsellors etc. It is a huge expense tho, and I for one do not feel it is justified.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rednirt)
    I agree that the costs to keep people in prison are ridiculously high; I believe its something ike £23,000, that is including food, heating, guards wages, counsellors etc. It is a huge expense tho, and I for one do not feel it is justified.
    Which is why they need killing to save future criminals and victims lives.

ReputationRep:
    he should be made to feel so guilty that the rest of his life days are a living hell. Hopefully he already does feel guilty!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rednirt)
    Ian Huntley will not last his full jail sentence. He will either kill himself, go insane of be killed by fellow prisoners. He is a peadophile and a child killer, that is the lowest of the low in prison - even criminals have standards.
    Not necessarily. Myra Hindley and plenty of others have managed to die a normal death in prison.

ReputationRep:
    ian huntley should be treated in the same way as any other murderer in this country and should not be singled out just because the case was highly publicised. i'm not defending his crimes in any way, but would like to know what justification can be given for killing him when other murderers are left in a cell. justice should be the same for all.

it's easy to be subjective when it comes to highly emotionally charged cases like this.

ReputationRep:
    Ian Huntley should definitly not be killed, he needs to suffer 4 wot he did and the only way to do that is to put him in solitary 4 d whole of sentence...d thing that really gets to me is that now prison officers have to call prisoners 'sir' because its 'politically correct'!this makes me physically sick to think that Ian Huntley is going to be treated like a normal human being, when he clearly isn't

ReputationRep:
    Public hanging. It's high time we brought back this fun Saturday afternoon spectacle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    Public hanging. It's high time we brought back this fun Saturday afternoon spectacle.
    I don't think it should be made into a spectacle, and I don't think we should go out of our way to kill guilty criminals, I think they should just be left in a small, dark, smelly, cold, horrible room, with nothing and then forgotten about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    I don't think it should be made into a spectacle, and I don't think we should go out of our way to kill guilty criminals, I think they should just be left in a small, dark, smelly, cold, horrible room, with nothing and then forgotten about.
    Well then hang them once dead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    Well then hang them once dead.
    Na, no effort what so ever. Just leave 'em.

ReputationRep:
    Cut off his balls. Then let him go again.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.