The Student Room Group

London tourist's illegally parked car blown-up by police

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Hopple
Let's be reasonable here, "It's broken, please don't give me a ticket whilst I go off sightseeing" is a crap excuse and he deserved to be fined. Also, let's be reasonable here, blowing up the car was a brilliant idea :colone:

Well if the car is broken I wouldn't say he deserves a fine, but he should've have waited for the AA to come and fix it so he could move it
Original post by smithsmith
have you all forgot he is a tourist so its not odd for him to go sightseeing

It is unusual when he should have been waiting with his car. I am a student, but when my car broke down on the way to uni, I didn't just leave it on the M25 and head to the nearest library.

Also - I wonder what time this happened. Report says early hours - makes his story even more ridiculous.
Original post by Iqbal007
The police have got it wrong in terms of blowing the boot to pieces and smashing the window.........so basically overdoing it when their were no explosives.

No thats what the procedure is, they need to do that to get into the boot, they have overdone nothing
Reply 23
I dont blame the police for what they did. Anyone with a tiny bit of sense knows that it's inappropriate to leave an unattended, suspicious looking car near sensitive buildings, especially now the authorities are getting more and more touchy as the Olympics approach. It was mindless leaving a car on double yellow lines in the centre of the capital anyway, why didn't he just wait for the AA?
Reply 24
Original post by fuzznbass
No thats what the procedure is, they need to do that to get into the boot, they have overdone nothing

we don't even know the procedure though :s-smilie:
clearly they have, he hasn't got a car to drive back to Wales with
Reply 25
"A London tourist had his car blown up by anti-terrorist officers after it broke down - and he was also given a parking ticket.

Nima Hosseini Razi, 32, said his Ford Mondeo had broken down in early hours of Wednesday close to the Houses of Parliament and Westminster Abbey.

He said he had left a note on the car to say: "This car is broke. Please do not fine me," before going sightseeing.

But when he returned hours later, "the boot was blown off".

A Metropolitan Police spokesman said: "We can confirm there was a suspect vehicle at Storey's Gate at 10.20am on Wednesday and a controlled explosion took place... the incident was subsequently deemed as non-suspicious."

Westminster Conservative Councillor Daniel Astaire said: "On this occasion the driver was parked in a very dangerous place, on yellow lines, so police instructed our parking attendant to issue the driver with a ticket.""

Saw this, just browsing through BBC news...................imagine that though, leaving your car because it was broken and leaving a note, but coming back to find it even in a worse state :/ And to top it off he was fined :facepalm:

Clearly the police are going to spend quite a bit of tax payers money to correct :facepalm:

why are they going to have to pay ****. it was illegally parked. he should have stayed with his car.
Reply 26
Well if the car is broken I wouldn't say he deserves a fine, but he should've have waited for the AA to come and fix it so he could move it

If he gets away with parking his car in central London for free so he can go sightseeing, every single person with a car is going to do that.

We don't know the procedure of course but the bomb squad do, it's the owner's stupid fault. Simple as. He's from Newcastle by the way.
Reply 28

he didnt anyway, it was broken down.

brb putting a note on a car bomb, because in your opinion if there is a note it is fine to be there and police shouldnt treat it as suspicious.

who the **** leaves their broken down car to go sight seeing?
Reply 29
We don't know the procedure of course but the bomb squad do, it's the owner's stupid fault. Simple as. He's from Newcastle by the way.

Still wondering how much compensation he'll get
Original post by M4LLY
I would have been annoyed because they're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!

You went there :biggrin:
Reply 31
Original post by Hopple
If he gets away with parking his car in central London for free so he can go sightseeing, every single person with a car is going to do that.

True, but if it's genuinely broken down then I would say its unfair
As I said, blown up is the wrong word. Here is a picture of the car:

article-1339683725945-1398C3E0000005DC-63684_636x424.jpg

As you can see, small charge has been used to disable the boot locking mechanism so that access can be gained to the boot. It is pretty standard - they need to see into the boot somehow.
Reply 33
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

given me a much needed chuckle
Reply 34
Original post by sconter
why are they going to have to pay ****. it was illegally parked. he should have stayed with his car.

it was broken down, and it was partially destroyed cos of him going off, but still think he's going to get something out, hopefully it was a old mondeo
so presumably if they thought the car looked "suspicious" then they thought it had a bomb in it, so they... blew the car up?
Reply 36
Original post by sconter
he didnt anyway, it was broken down.

brb putting a note on a car bomb, because in your opinion if there is a note it is fine to be there and police shouldnt treat it as suspicious.

who the **** leaves their broken down car to go sight seeing?

loooooooooooooool i'm talking about the fine, I know it should be checked out, but you cant fine him after it's been partially blown to bits, its the icing to his bad day.

I really dont know what he was thinking, dont want to laugh, but hopefully it was an old mondeo
Reply 37

he shouldnt get any, and i doubt he will get anything tbh.

customs and excise, can rip your car to pieces if they think you have something hidden, and dont have to pay you a penny. i'd guess counter terrorism police have the same powers

Zero,nothing,nada. He should learn a lesson, the muppet.
Reply 39
Zero,nothing,nada. He should learn a lesson, the muppet.

still think he would, cos of how things work out, otherwise it seems kinda bad publicity...people can twist it

Original post by sconter
he shouldnt get any, and i doubt he will get anything tbh.

customs and excise, can rip your car to pieces if they think you have something hidden, and dont have to pay you a penny. i'd guess counter terrorism police have the same powers

thats so wrong :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending