Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Well, I thought I'd start a thread for people who had any questions concerning any aspect of IB.

And because I am kind and generous (as well as clueless and lazy), I thought I'd start the ball rolling.

Um. Regarding a creative World Lit Essay Two piece. The pastiche... How does one go about it? What comes before the actual pastiche? A justification? Explanation? Commentary on your piece? Do I need a title (as in essay topic for a pastiche)? And lastly, how many words does it have to be? For a drama piece, are the 'Estragon: / Vladimir: ' included in the word count? What about stage directions and discriptions?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am desperate and I offer cookies and amusement and possibly sexual favours. :P I'm planning to do a pastiche on Waiting For Godot but yes, the particulars? I'm not too sure.

*bites lip and pleas*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nates)
    Well, I thought I'd start a thread for people who had any questions concerning any aspect of IB.

And because I am kind and generous (as well as clueless and lazy), I thought I'd start the ball rolling.

Um. Regarding a creative World Lit Essay Two piece. The pastiche... How does one go about it? What comes before the actual pastiche? A justification? Explanation? Commentary on your piece? Do I need a title (as in essay topic for a pastiche)? And lastly, how many words does it have to be? For a drama piece, are the 'Estragon: / Vladimir: ' included in the word count? What about stage directions and discriptions?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am desperate and I offer cookies and amusement and possibly sexual favours. :P I'm planning to do a pastiche on Waiting For Godot but yes, the particulars? I'm not too sure.

*bites lip and pleas*
    I do A levels, i've just finished studying Waiting for Godot, if you explain your problem I can offer some advice...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey)
    I do A levels, i've just finished studying Waiting for Godot, if you explain your problem I can offer some advice...
    *g*

Thanks.

For IB High Level English, we must write a world lit essay based on one of our WL texts. I've chosen Waiting for Godot, and have decided to write a pastiche. So just wondering exactly how I should go about it, and seeing as you've studied WfG, any suggestions as what I should write the pastiche on?

As in what areas do you suggest I explore? And just basically what basically comes with the pastiche? Do I need to write a justification of some sort? A commentary on my own piece?

Thanks again for offering to help, and so quickly at that.

ReputationRep:
    The pastiche is usually the most difficult choice... throwing away all high school arrogance, it's impossible. It's rather unjustly assuming to think that you can imitate Beckett's writing, wouldn't you think?

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.