Turn on thread page Beta

Newbies - recognition for the few? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've noticed a lot of slating of newbies as a race, and this makes me feel all lumpy inside.
    Yeah, I'm a newbie, and although I may not be proud of it as such, please remember that it's just an accident of time that you crusties were here before me. Could be start a new era of newbie-respect?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    Well said my friend but it'll never happen - the old timers will always be able to fall back on 'well I was here before you'. But then, maybe they'll grow out of it.
    I don't feel bad towards them, just..... maybe a little intimidated. eep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suspicious_fish)
    I don't feel bad towards them, just..... maybe a little intimidated. eep.
    Hahahahaha!

Ben

ReputationRep:
    It is the few newbies that are making a bad name out of the general newbies. Like Miss Scarlet and SHANDY for example. Their posts and threads are some of the worst.

ReputationRep:
    I've noticed a lot of slating of newbies as a race, and this makes me feel all lumpy inside.
    Yeah, I'm a newbie, and although I may not be proud of it as such, please remember that it's just an accident of time that you crusties were here before me. Could be start a new era of newbie-respect?
    Well said fish. Let this be an era of love and respect for all Newbies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    It is the few newbies that are making a bad name out of the general newbies. Like Miss Scarlet and SHANDY for example. Their posts and threads are some of the worst.
    Amen to that!
    I'm sure some of us will mature into fine old UKL-ers in good time.
    I'll probably end up ****ging off the youth of tomorrow, anyway. *feels oncoming hyposcrisy*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Newbie)
    Well said fish. Let this be an era of love and respect for all Newbies.
    Huzzah!
    Group hug, now.

ReputationRep:
    i bet you newbies will be like that to the new newbies when your oldbies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    i bet you newbies will be like that to the new newbies when your oldbies.
    Grandpaw being the textbook example.

ReputationRep:
    Now where did I put my teeth.

ReputationRep:
    whats the big deal with newbies wanting respect? they get pretty much the same treatment forum-wide, and if not then oh well, stick around and earn respect, dont look for hand outs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    Grandpaw being the textbook example.
    I have nothing but a healthy respect for my elders, providing they'll respect me in return.
    Deep, eh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    Now where did I put my teeth.
    mine did taste a bit different today...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ]{ingnik)
    whats the big deal with newbies wanting respect? they get pretty much the same treatment forum-wide, and if not then oh well, stick around and earn respect, dont look for hand outs.
    I don't think they're necessarily after respect. They just want people to be tolerant of them instead of people turning around to them and saying things along the lines of: "it doesn't matter what you think, you're a newbie..." etc. It's the be-littling of someone's argument just because they have joined the forum - that's the issue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ]{ingnik)
    There's no big deal, it seems like a reasonable request to me.
    We don't get the same treatment, there's quite a bit of comtempt and insulting going on, assuming all newbies are just temporary and irritating.
    I'm not looking for handouts.... and maybe standing up for myself and other who share my opinion could earn me some respect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    I don't think they're necessarily after respect. They just want people to be tolerant of them instead of people turning around to them and saying things along the lines of: "it doesn't matter what you think, you're a newbie..." etc. It's the be-littling of someone's argument just because they have joined the forum - that's the issue.
    beautifully put.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    mine did taste a bit different today...
    *wacks elpaw behind the head with a walking stick*

That'll teach you to borrow my dentures you riff raff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    *wacks elpaw behind the head with a walking stick*

That'll teach you to borrow my dentures you riff raff.
    Fight, fight, fight, fight!!

ReputationRep:
    Fight, fight, fight, fight!!
    Cripple fight!!!

ReputationRep:
    There's no big deal, it seems like a reasonable request to me.
    We don't get the same treatment, there's quite a bit of comtempt and insulting going on, assuming all newbies are just temporary and irritating.
    I'm not looking for handouts.... and maybe standing up for myself and other who share my opinion could earn me some respect.
    cool, well you've put that very non-sterotypical-newbie-ly, have some rep.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.