The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

piginapoke
Well said my friend but it'll never happen - the old timers will always be able to fall back on 'well I was here before you'. But then, maybe they'll grow out of it.

I don't feel bad towards them, just..... maybe a little intimidated. :frown: eep.
Reply 2
suspicious_fish
I don't feel bad towards them, just..... maybe a little intimidated. :frown: eep.

Hahahahaha!

Ben
Reply 3
It is the few newbies that are making a bad name out of the general newbies. Like Miss Scarlet and SHANDY for example. Their posts and threads are some of the worst.
Reply 4
suspicious_fish
I've noticed a lot of slating of newbies as a race, and this makes me feel all lumpy inside.
Yeah, I'm a newbie, and although I may not be proud of it as such, please remember that it's just an accident of time that you crusties were here before me. Could be start a new era of newbie-respect?

Well said fish. Let this be an era of love and respect for all Newbies.
It is the few newbies that are making a bad name out of the general newbies. Like Miss Scarlet and SHANDY for example. Their posts and threads are some of the worst.

Amen to that!
I'm sure some of us will mature into fine old UKL-ers in good time.
I'll probably end up slagging off the youth of tomorrow, anyway. *feels oncoming hyposcrisy*
Well said fish. Let this be an era of love and respect for all Newbies.

Huzzah!
Group hug, now.
Reply 7
i bet you newbies will be like that to the new newbies when your oldbies.
Reply 8
elpaw
i bet you newbies will be like that to the new newbies when your oldbies.

Grandpaw being the textbook example.
Reply 9
Now where did I put my teeth.
Reply 10
whats the big deal with newbies wanting respect? they get pretty much the same treatment forum-wide, and if not then oh well, stick around and earn respect, dont look for hand outs.
Reply 11
Bhaal85
Now where did I put my teeth.

mine did taste a bit different today...
ZJuwelH
Grandpaw being the textbook example.

I have nothing but a healthy respect for my elders, providing they'll respect me in return.
Deep, eh?
Reply 13
'
{ingnik']whats the big deal with newbies wanting respect? they get pretty much the same treatment forum-wide, and if not then oh well, stick around and earn respect, dont look for hand outs.

I don't think they're necessarily after respect. They just want people to be tolerant of them instead of people turning around to them and saying things along the lines of: "it doesn't matter what you think, you're a newbie..." etc. It's the be-littling of someone's argument just because they have joined the forum - that's the issue.
'
{ingnik']whats the big deal with newbies wanting respect? they get pretty much the same treatment forum-wide, and if not then oh well, stick around and earn respect, dont look for hand outs.

There's no big deal, it seems like a reasonable request to me.
We don't get the same treatment, there's quite a bit of comtempt and insulting going on, assuming all newbies are just temporary and irritating.
I'm not looking for handouts.... and maybe standing up for myself and other who share my opinion could earn me some respect.
G4ry
I don't think they're necessarily after respect. They just want people to be tolerant of them instead of people turning around to them and saying things along the lines of: "it doesn't matter what you think, you're a newbie..." etc. It's the be-littling of someone's argument just because they have joined the forum - that's the issue.

beautifully put. :smile:
Reply 16
elpaw
mine did taste a bit different today...

*wacks elpaw behind the head with a walking stick*

That'll teach you to borrow my dentures you riff raff.
Bhaal85
*wacks elpaw behind the head with a walking stick*

That'll teach you to borrow my dentures you riff raff.

Fight, fight, fight, fight!!
Reply 18
suspicious_fish
Fight, fight, fight, fight!!

Cripple fight!!!
Reply 19
suspicious_fish
There's no big deal, it seems like a reasonable request to me.
We don't get the same treatment, there's quite a bit of comtempt and insulting going on, assuming all newbies are just temporary and irritating.
I'm not looking for handouts.... and maybe standing up for myself and other who share my opinion could earn me some respect.

cool, well you've put that very non-sterotypical-newbie-ly, have some rep.

Latest

Trending

Trending